Chapter 8/Falling for her

After like an hour I heard Josie yawning, "God, it's boring now" She stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked, "to have some adventure" she walked out. It was almost curfew I followed her till outside the school.

"Josie!"

"Josie! Where are you?"

I started to panic, what if she's in danger but malivore doesn't exist anymore I look around when someone pushed me against the wall. "people might catch us If you shout this loud!" she whispered and god! Lord, My heart is about to burst out seeing her just inches away and our eyes locking while her hand on my waist giving me every second passed by goosebumps on my whole body.

"Why are you out here? It's almost curfew!" I asked as she took a step back.

"I was getting bored so I thought going on a drive might help" she showed me the key which made me widen my eyes.

"Ho... how ... where did you get this?" I tried to take it but fuck! she put her hand in the air. God, I didn't know I was this short.

"I may be or maybe not stole it" she smile wickedly while raising her brows as she sit in the car and I sat on the passenger seat.

"Hey, Hey! What are you doing!?" She gives me the questioning look. "Well, I know I can't stop you from going anywhere so I'm going with you so you wouldn't run away" I forced a smile crossing my arms.

"I'm not running away!" She rolled her eyes as she start the engine. "And how would I knooooooooooooooooowww..." I hollered when she accelerated.

"Because my friends are still in school with their crushes so yeah I can't leave them behind and I was just going for a drive but you just happened to be following me! stalker" She rolled her eyes again.

"GOD! DAMN IT, SLOW DOWN! YOU ARE GOING TOO FAST!" I tried to put on the seat belt while she chuckled.

"Hahahaha, all-mighty tribrid is scared of speed?" She gives me a playful grin, "I'm not! You are just trying to kill me so you can run away" I glared at her.

"I'm not! I love driving, it's helping me to relax" she casually said, "Where are you taking me?" I look at her and I knew she was beautiful but god! Her side profile is on another level.

"I'm not taking you! you are the one who chose tag along" she rolled her eyes again which made me smile I didn't realize but whenever she rolled her eyes she looks so cute.

"still, where are we going?" I look out as she opens the roof of the car, the view full of stars making the drive make more enjoyable.

"Long drive? I guess because I love driving" She speed up and the look on her face made me remind of the Josie I thought I lost. I found myself staring at her longer than usual.

"Josie" I called which made her look at me. "hmm" she hummed in reply as she turn on the music player.

And at this moment I realized that I'm falling for her or maybe I have always been falling for her but I didn't realize it until now.

"Why you don't wanna remember anything?" I asked, out of the blue. "Why do you care?" she frowned.

"Of course I do, I miss you even though you are right in front of me I miss you every day, I miss us" I so badly wanted to hold her hand but I controlled myself as I waited for her answer.

"What were we?" she asked, "We were best frie-" she interrupted me.

"I don't think we were best friends, since the day I step foot in this school you are the only person who give me these heart eyes like we were more than just best friends" She curiously looked at me which also made me question myself, what were we? Are we best friends? But Josie told me we were.