Chapter 72/Even?

Josie's pov

Yeah, I lied to her that I hooked up with my ex so she would admit that she had feelings for Landon but she didn't. She confessed, she cried and her tears made me helpless so I give her another chance.

I mean if you ask me, Hope Mikealson never runs out of chances. I could give her a thousand more but only if she made a mistake but not when her mistake becomes a habit.

I was going home after helping Lizzie with some paperwork when I ran into Jed and Penelope. "Wow, easy, Jo" She almost bumped into me. "Sorry," I pressed my lips before looking at Jed.

"Hey, Josie" he smiled. "Hey, Jed" I smiled back.

"So you're going to show him to wolf squid?" Penelope asked, "Why would I introduce him to them?" I frowned. "Lizzie didn't tell you?" he asked.

"Tell me what?" I scowled.

"He's come as a replacement for Rafael to teach and train wolf since Rafael is going back to his home town" He answered. "Ah, Yeah I do remember she talked about replacing Rafael but I didn't know she was talking about you, though. Well, welcome back" I gestured for them to get inside.

He went to look for the principal office, "Wow, what was that?" Penelope bumped her shoulder into mine. "What?" I frowned. "That 'hey, Josie' and hey, Jed' moment" she mocked.

"Seriously? Unbelievable. He's a friend even you know that" I rolled my eyes. "Whatever so how about you showed me around?" she suggest.

"Not gonna happen, hope would be so pissed. And I kind of told her we had sex" I said looking elsewhere when she gasped opening her mouth. "YOU LIED?" She glared at me.

"I just wanted her to admit her feelings for Landon" I rolled my eyes. "And you fucking bet my life on this stupid toxic relationship of yours" she complained.

"That's why better go home and stay hidden" I suggest. "Jo! Fuck you seriously" she glowered at me which made me burst out laughing. "You're adorable, badass but not enough to scare me off" I smiled.

"Is that so?" she steps closer and my heart picks up its speed. Fuck me but she knows me more than me. "Fine, sorry" I step back before turning aside. "Can't even handle even little intimacy?" she joked.

"I can but not with you" I sighed when she bumped her shoulder on mine. "Chill, Jo. I know you very well. Just messing around so... we're still friends right?" she raised her brows.

"I don't know we can even be friends when our feelings wouldn't vanish and something" I sarcastically said. "Well, we both know we love each other but not enough to cheat on the person we love most in the world" she put her hands on my shoulder.

"Don't need to remind me, I felt guilty enough but still I don't feel guilty" I look at her.

"Are you guilty about not crossing the line or guilty about you cheating on hope I also don't feel any remorse about that night? I admit I missed you and I enjoyed it but maybe in another life, Jo... we could be much more than that" she said.

"I wanna say sorry but I'm not sorry at all, and I hate it that it hurt hope" I finally look ahead.

"What about her hurting you? give yourself a break and enjoy life for a while" she raised her brows at me. "Shut up, I have better things to do" I shrug off her hand lightly.

"Like?" she asked. "Like I have-..." before I could utter a word I heard Lizzie's scream. "Lizzie" we both look at each other before running into the school.

"Lizzie! What happ-" I stopped when I saw her on the floor. "What happened here?" I asked Dylan who was in astonishment. "I..E—Esme, Mom-.. Esme was... I—we all, I-" I hugged her because she couldn't speak at all.