Chapter 73/Fuck you, Hope

Hope's pov

I fucked up furthermore, I didn't want to say it all I desired was her to be with me as we were. I was frustrated seeing her this close but couldn't able to hold onto my love so I burst out.

I was skimming at the clock and when it hit 2 pm I just rush to my car to get to Josie. "Mom! Are you going home?" Essie come to me when I was about to sit inside.

"Uh..Yeah, School is over" I told her. "But you never come home on time? What's the occasion?" Dyl raised her brows. "I...I have nothing to do and From now I will take you guys home" I told them as they both hopped in.

"So how was school?" I asked even though I know very well that Essie got possessed by dark magic. "I met this girl and she had the audacity to make fun of me! and the worst part was Essie laughed at that" Dyl glared at Essie.

"Grace is so impressive and hot, and sweet too" Essie commented. "She's evil and also younger than you," Dyl told her.

"I don't mind younger, I like her" Essie smiled to herself. "Did you just say you like her? You just met her today" I told her. "Uh, she told me it was love at first sight" Dyl scoffed.

"So what? She was nice, like super nice" Essie said, I don't wanna comment on something which hurt my daughter and I can't Josie's past relationship come in between our relationship or in my daughters' happiness.

"Gross," Dyl made a revolted face which made me laugh so hard. "I'm advising you, you should stop spending all day at Lizzie's office," I told her.

"It's not like I can spend time with you since you're always busy" Dyl always says things that hit formidable. "You can spend time with me," I told her.

"Last time you told me not to interrupt you with hobbit" she look outside. "Dyl! What did I say? Not to talk like this, he's older than you" I clamored at her.

"He's older than you as well" she fired back smirking.

"Why are we even talking about him?" Essie cut us off. "Ask mom" Dyl eyed me.

"Did you just give me side eyes?" I looked over at her from the mirror. "No! why would I do that?" she shrugged making Essie laugh.

"One more word and you'll be on lockdown" I warned her. "HAH! Mommy would never let you do that" she proudly smiled, which made me realize how much I drift apart from my daughters and how much Josie took my place for me.

"Do you guys really think that I don't love your mommy?" I asked. "Uh? We don't think anything but your actions spoke enough on your behalf mom" Dyl answered.

"Dyl!" Essie shushes her but Dyl has already caused the damage. "It's okay" I sighed. "I believe that you love her but just don't know how to express your feeling since you were so busy and it's okay maybe you should let mommy know she can trust you again as she used to" Essie suggests.

"You always know what to say as Josie" I smiled before looking forward. "Maybe because I'm her daughter" Essie laughed.

"What do you mean? Am I not?" Dyl looked at me horrified which made me laugh so hard. "You're Dyl, Essie is more like her mommy while you're my carbon copy" I explained.

"No! I'm not, I'm more like mommy" she crossed her arms. "Yes, Yes, now I'm not your favorite mom I get it" I pressed my lips holding my tears. "You could be again if you do better and don't fuck up things with mommy" I stopped the car abruptly.

"Did you just cuss?" I turned to look at them. "Opps, Uh... NO?" Dyl look over Essie as if she could able to help.

"You do realize I have vampire hearing!" I warned her. "And I have wolves" She smirked. "it's not a competition! And where did you even learn that or even if you know you shouldn't talk like this in front of older people at least not in front of me and Josie" I told her.