Chapter 70/Pain and Remorse

Hope's pov

I gave her space for the day, Caroline might talk to her. I called caroline to ask how my beloved wife doing just to find out she was never been there. I search the whole school, every place I could find her but I couldn't.

My heartbreak, Josie won't leave me, she promised me that she would never leave me. I went to Caroline's house since Lizzie and her mom live together whenever they both are in town.

Dylan and Esme were in Lizzie's room with her laughing when I come there Caroline send them to sleep. "Hope, What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be talking to Josie?" She asked me.

I burst out in tears, "I...I hurt her, she left me. She left me, mom" I hugged her crying hard. "Mom, I don't want her here. Please tell her to leave" Lizzie said from upstairs while she look at me confusingly.

"Can someone tell me what happened here?" Mom patted my back caressing my hair. "She broke Josie's heart mom, I think it's enough reason for you to kick her out" Lizzie's word hit her hard.

I never cared about her words but now everything hit like some struck a sword in my heart. "What happened, hope? Talk to me?" she made me sit on the couch with her.

"I...I was neglecting Josie, Landon had this amazing discovery that I was helping him I didn't realize how my action hurt Josie. She thinks I'm falling out of love, I must have hurt her so much that she thinks I love Landon but I swear I don't," I tried to explain to her.

"Hope, you should take care of the mess you have made because it's also affecting Dylan and Esme even your marriage," she told me.

"How I make her feel that I love her, I really do. I never wanted to hurt her but I did unintentionally. What do I do? I can't live without her. I love her," I cried. "Then find your wife I bet she is somewhere around and she won't gonna leave you. She'll come back I know" she assured me.

"Everyone hates me, what's the point of being so powerful when the love of my life is hurting," I said. "Josie loves you it shows in her actions but you should show your love like you always do. I'm not saying you should stop spending time with Landon but you should know how to manage relationships.

And if your one relationship is effective your others then you should exile it" she told me.

"She thinks I'm falling out of love" I imply. "Then make her feel like you love her, you hope, you are so strong and intelligent I know you would find a way to make Josie trust you again" she ensured me.

"It's 2 Am Josie didn't get home, what should I DO?" I asked. "Wait," she smiled. I head to Lizzie's room because I know if she would come she wanted to meet Dylan and Esme first who are sleeping in the room which is beside Lizzie's.

"I don't wanna talk to you," she said as soon as I entered. "Look how the table turned I used to say this to you and Josie used to laugh at it" I sat on the edge of the bed.

"And I wouldn't say anything because my sister was happy after being thought a lot but you again put her into the hell after 10 years, past 4 years she never feels an ounce of love from you.

Yet she loves you, she always loves you. You don't even know but I know how her face brightens up when she talks about you while you didn't even care about her. Believe it or not but Josie loves you more than you love her.

Her love for you is mature, and childish at the times, she does everything for you and her daughters while you do things nowadays that you feel you should because you know that Josie would love you through everything.

But not anymore, Josie might be stupid enough to love you when you give her these 4 years of misery but I will not support this. I'm gonna set her up for the date since you're clearly into the Frodo" she slammed her book shut.