Chapter 23/Truth Untold

Josie's pov

Aunt Bonnie said to me to come to an unusual location but I went there anyway because today is my mom's 18th birthday, wow I mean I'll be the only child who is going to her mom's 18 birthday. I parked my car and I walk in wait...

Is that cemetery? I was going to call aunt bonnie when I heard, 'You bit me!". It was mom's voice when I vamp at her and saw a guy who ran away. "MOM!" I caught her when she was about to pass out.

"Tyler bit me," she passed out. "What happened?" Aunt Bonnie and Sheriff Matt come running. "Unc-... Tyler bit her" I informed them. "Oh my god, and who are you?" Sheriff matt questioned.

"I'm Josie, can we escape the introduction and help her" I suggest, and before I could say anything Sheriff matt picked my mom. "I have a car, let's go" I suggested and they followed.

We came to my mom's house, I was just outside when grandma come into the view. "You can come in" she invited me in. "I... I'm a vampire are you sure?" I asked because mom told me how her mom hated vampires but accepted her.

"If you're my daughter's friend then you're always welcome here, I have never seen you here?" She curiously asked, "I'm from... Georgia, I'm new in town" I made up an excuse. I can't believe that I have met grandma and I'm starting the conservation with a lie.

"We have to do something" Aunt Bonnie came out of the mom's room. "Klaus blood can heal her," Sheriff matt told but will hope dad saves my mom in this time? Because they were friends in the future but now how would she gonna survive this? A healing spell wouldn't gonna work.

I was lost in thought when someone ring the bell, "I'll get it" Matt opened the door and the figure left me stunned. Oh my god, he's here but why? "I'm here to help. Tyler came to see me, poor boy seemed quite distressed. He said Caroline had a terrible accident." Hope's dad said.

"You made him do this to her!" Matt exclaimed, "I'm here to help, matt" I don't know but the sincerity I can see in his words was true. He looks so...

Afraid...

"My blood will heal her. Please, ask the sheriff to invite me inside." He said, "I know how this game works. You want something in return." Grandma walked to the door when he replied "Just your support."

"Come in" grandma invited him in? really? He didn't want anything in return?

He spare me a glance before following Grandma inside the mom's room while I was seating outside with Uncle Matt and soon grandma came outside. What if he didn't help my mom? I can't risk it because he's dangerous I use my vamp hearing to listen to their conservation.

"Are you going to kill me?" I could feel the fear in Mom's voice and I really wanted to hug her but I couldn't.

"On your birthday? You really think that low of me" he replied.

"Yes"

"That's looks bad. My apologies. You're what's known as collateral damage. It's nothing personal" he stopped but continued after a pose "I love birthdays" he finished.

"Yeah, Aren't you, like, a billion or something?" Mom said, I can't help but smile at their conservation.

"You have to adjust your perception of time when you become a vampire, Caroline. Celebrate the fact that you're no longer bound by trivial human conventions. You're free." His voice was so calm, I have never seen hope's dad being this soft to anyone since I'm here. I have never even seen him before but only heard about how dangerous he is.

He doesn't seem dangerous at all. It feels like he cared for mom. Wait... OMG! Hope's dad used to have a crush on mom! I widen my eyes when I realized it.