Chapter 71/Pity Love

Hope's pov

However I carry Josie home with me, She is avoiding me, I hate to say it but I know she adores Penelope but not more than me. I understand her very well, she could stop me but she give me a chance to let her drag with me.

"Now what? are we gonna stare at the tv?" She glared at me, "It's a movie date" I said, we are seating in the living room. "I don't need your pity date, hope. I wouldn't gonna beg for your time and love. I have been doing this for the past 4 years but I can't anymore..." she stood up but because of our joining hands, I embrace her in my arms.

"I'm sorry, love..." I whispered against her ears. "I said I don't need your pity!" and this time when she got up my heart sunk. She wasn't my Josie anymore but dark Josie.

"Oh, hope... appears like retaining a difficult time in a relationship," she made our join hand apart. "Where is Josie!" I yelled. "I'm right here" she changed her appearance and I hugged her.

"Oh, my I almost had my heart in my mouth," I said as she pulled away. "I let her take over me for a sec," she answered. "Do you really don't want me that much?" I scowled.

"I don't want your pity love, hope. I don't wanna force you to love me. and if you're afraid to break my heart then I can assure you that I would be on your side even if you wouldn't love me so don't worry but stop acting as if you care...

because this sudden rush of love wouldn't do any good to us. It will only give happiness for a particular amount of time then we get back to how we were" she head to our room leaving me.

"It's not pity, Josie. I love you. I'm so sorry that I was so bad at showing it but now I will. I only love you, no matter how much I wanna rip Penelope's heart out I can't because I know you would hate me for it" I followed her.

"Wow, now you're jealous, ironic." She joked. "Jealous? I'm more than jealous, only I know how I'm holding myself, how could you spend the night with her? I'm your wife, you practically cheated on me" I exclaimed.

"Cheating? I was with her because she made me feel loved which you didn't in these 4 years," she throw a book at me as soon as she entered the room and I caught it putting it aside.

"I can do you that too!" I started to take off my clothes. "All you do is sex with me when you feel like it. It was nice at first but not anymore, hope. I'm done with your sex toys and horny shit" she turned abruptly at me.

"So you didn't have just sex with her," but she made love with her? I thought she would say it was a mistake but she go to her willingly, and she spent her night with her willingly? My love is not enough for her anymore?

"No, and I made her love me. She denied it but I was the one who make a move on her because I'm tired, I'm tired of everything you do, and your every move hurt me. Penelope was there when I ought so I took her advantage. Happy? And yes, I was selfish" she admitted.

"Jo, don't do it. You're hurting me," I held her hand but she yanked it. "Welcome to the 4 years of my misery". She left me in the room.

"Jo, don't leave me..." I held onto her wrist. "I'm going to take shower, stop it," she said. thank god, I hugged her from the back while she look for clothes in the wardrobe.

"I love you," I whispered to her. She avoids me which hurts but at least she didn't pull away. How long has it been since I hug her like this? How long has it been since I kissed those lips?

I can't stop the jealousy I was feeling, she has to go to Penelope because she doesn't feel loved by me? I have become this much worse wife? I never thought she would cheat on me.

I never cheated on her in all these years I could never, yes, I kissed twice or thrice Landon but I never slept with him and Josie... she sleep with someone else. It hurts more than I could ever imagine, she smells like someone else and I hate it but I don't wanna let her go.