Chapter Six

Why does my life have to be so complicated? I work my ass off but I still have to with not knowing what I want in my personal life.

I want to experience a night like the one I did six months ago. But Oliver doesn't like getting tattoos, he doesn't want to stay up all night and entertain me in any way and I'm almost one-hundred percent positive he isn't what I'm into sexual wise.

I grabbed my purse and briefcase before getting out of the car. "I love you so much, Oliver Smith." I took a deep breath, ridding Alessandro of my mind, and walked inside. Oliver was sitting on the sofa already dressed watching TV.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek before going upstairs and showering. I honestly didn't know why we needed to go to a store when I have plenty of dresses here. After showering I changed into black shorts, a rolling stones hoodie and slipped on red Jordan 1's.

"Are you-" Oliver walked in and once he saw what I was wearing he furrowed his brows. "You know that paparazzi will probably be around, right?" I nodded. "Do you want to be posted on the blogs alongside me?"

I sighed and pulled my hair into a ponytail, leaving a few strands out. "Yes Oliver. I feel comfortable in this and I'm not going to walk around like you every day." As usual he wore brown trousers and a blue button-up shirt, his blond hair jelled back.

"Like me?"

I grabbed my wallet and tucked it into my hoodie as I walked past him. "Never mind. We're just going shopping and I don't think it really matters what I wear."

"Are you saying I dress like a high-class person?" We walked downstairs and he went to grab his keys.

"No, not at all. You just dress the same every day." I shrugged and walked to the car.

"Because I like to look presentable. Why are you wearing basic clothes like that when you could wear designer?" He said as he shut his door. He started to pull out with an angry look on his face.

"Sometimes I would like to look like a normal person. Can we not argue and just enjoy our time together? Please?"

"It seems like that's all we do but sure." I leaned back in my seat and stared out the window. Petty arguments between us became a routine. I'd say, do or wear something he didn't like and we'd argue for a minute before he'd decide to leave.

The ride was long and filled with an awkward silence between us. Oliver was right though, paparazzi was standing right outside of the luxurious store and snapping photos of another couple. I pulled my hoodie over my head before getting out of the car and walking beside Oliver.

Usually, they'd ask about Oliver and his company so when I heard mine and Brinda's name's being said I was surprised. Oliver removed his hand from my lower back, probably out of spite, and I smiled.

"Will you get Mr. Dubois charged and time in prison?"

"Are you going to put Bella on the stand?"

"Do you think Mrs. Dubois is lying about her alleged rape from her husband?"

"Will Mrs. Dubois let Bella see her father?"

They all asked questions that legally I wasn't allowed to answer and that were also stupid. I used my hand to cover my eyes from the flashing lights and grabbed Oliver's with my other. When we walked inside the sounds of people speaking and camera's clicking was cut off.

The store was massive; it was dimly lit, diamond marble floors, chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and walls, with open doorways, that held shelves with all types of different items. As we walked past a few purses I had to push down the urge to grab a few unneeded Birkin bags. Oliver went over to a glass counter full of diamonds while I walked over to a dress that caught my eye.