Chapter Nineteen

Alessandro

It's been three days since I've last seen Athena. She sent Jasper, my best friend, and Kano here every day to make sure I was fine, and it made me miss her even more. She's too good for someone like me, for anyone for that matter.

I called her for the thousandth and it, as usual, went to voicemail. "Athena, please baby, I miss you so fucking much. I'm so sorry." I was cut off by it saying her voicemail box was full, probably because of me. I drunk the rest of the bottle of whiskey, becoming a bit light-headed, as the two most annoying voices came into focus. "It's noon and your drinking?" Kano said with a scoff.

"Athena. How's Athena?" I managed to slur out as I tried to grab another bottle.

"Nope." Jasper grabbed and took a swig. "She's fine. How'd you manage to fuck that up? She's funny and she's gorgeous, that's some hard shit to find."

"Has she spoke about me?"

"Clearly if she's been asking us to check up on you every damn day." Jasper rolled his eyes as him and Kano grabbed my arms. "You drinking isn't going to get her attention. Be a man and show the woman you love her."

Love? Is that what I'm feeling for her? I love Athena, I love her so fucking much. "Is she still at Serene's place?" I know it may sound weird but I've been keeping in contact with Serene and she's been giving me little information, to respect Athena. I only know that she's been fine. Better than me.

"Yeah, don't act like a bitch and sober up before you go see her." Kano slapped my face playfully after they set me in the bed. "We'll help ourselves and take the alcohol."

"Assholes." I groaned, the headache coming harder than last night.

"Yeah, yeah, we love you too."
                                                                                       Athena

If it weren't for Serene, I'd be right back in Alessandro's arms by now. I miss him so much and it's so hard to ignore his messages and voicemails. Hell, he's even started emailing me on both my regular and business email. Serene told me he's been calling and whenever he does, I sit close just to hear his voice, even if he's drunk off his ass half the time.

Three more days until Brinda's court date and I'm stressing about other things. The press has still been on my ass, especially with the cheating scandal. Not only did Oliver kiss Kattie but they also had sex. Multiple times. They found out I was staying at Serene's, and they've been hounding her home day and night. It's honestly exhausting, having to somehow distract the press so the other is able to leave the house without running someone over.

"You ready?" Serene asked, adjusting her white shirt. The two of us, including Rachael, were getting ready to go out to the gym.

"Yeah."

"Did he call again?" I nodded. "Your better than me. With the type of voicemails and messages he leaves you I would've ran back to him."

I laughed as we went out the back door. We'd put a car there now, one the press had never seen us drove. "I want to. I really, really do. But I also don't want him to think it's going to be easy to get back into my good graces whenever we get into an argument."

"I understand. Gotta make him regret everything." Rachael said as she climbed into the backseat and I nodded. The press was lined up outside of Serene's place and I couldn't help but feel a little bad for bringing all this attention to her.