Chapter Twenty-One

Alessandro

Me
1:34
Hey my love, are you doing okay?

Me
1:36
I haven't heard from you so of course I'm worried. I know your not okay but at least and send me a text so I know your alive.

Me
1:40
Do I need to come over to Serene's place? I will because your worrying me.

Athena
1:43
Sleep.

I could finally breathe when I saw her message.

Me
1:43
Okay. I'm sorry about that I was just worried. Sweet dreams, baby.

Athena
1:44
Okay. Thanks.

I was still worried but I could worry a little less knowing that she was at Serene's place. News had gotten out that she was attacked in her home and rumors are saying it was Oliver. Thankfully, no one knows she was pregnant because that would just stress her out even more.

"She's fine." I said to Jasper and Kano who were sitting on the couch in front of me.

"Fuck man. I-" Jasper paused. "I'm sorry for you and Athena. I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on anyone."

Kano came and sat beside me to give me a pat on the shoulder. "I know you and I know you'll bottle your feelings up. But this, what happened to you and her, you need to let that shit out."

I put my head down in my hands, "I know. But I need to be there for her right now. I can mourn when she's better."

Jasper shook his head, "No, that's not how it works. I may not have known Athena as long as you have but I know she wouldn't want you bottling up your emotions for her. She's too much of a kind heart."

"And hell if you can't cry around her you can cry around us. Your dad may have raised you and Kano to not cry but I know damn well your mother was against that. That's why Kano is so emotional now."

Kano shoved Jasper and laughed, "Shut up. But he's right. Have you told mom or dad?"

I shook my head, "No, I'll tell them soon enough."

"Well, we've got you either way." Kano side hugged me while Jasper just patted my back. "My guys and I are already taking care of the Nate situation."  Jasper said.

"I want to say a few words to him as well." Jasper nodded. "And thanks. I kind of want to be alone right now, though." I sighed and looked at the both of them as they nodded.

"Of course." They stood up, first going into the kitchen and taking any liquor I had. I internally smiled at the caring gesture. "Love ya, bro!" They yelled as they walked out.

I laid my head against the back of the couch, looking up at the ceiling. I really wanted Athena here, she could distract me. Caring for her distracted me from thinking about the baby. Our baby.

I grew up around men that never cried because they thought they'd look weak so I guess it just came to me as well. I had to be strong for my love, I couldn't let her see I was hurting because it would probably hurt her more.

It hurts more than words will ever be able to describe because I'll never get to see their beautiful faces. I'll never get to see if they looked like me or Athena. I'll never get to here if they sounded like me or Athena. I won't be able to teach them how to walk, see them grow.

When I get my hands on Nate, I won't be doing it just for me but for Athena and our child.

I had to go to the company today, a meeting with Oliver and his father. I was dreading it because I wanted to punch Oliver for being Oliver. And because I just wanted to spend the rest of my day around Athena.