Chapter Twenty-Six

Alessandro

I have never, not once, kissed someone in the rain. Athena was special because if it was anyone else, if I didn't love her as much as I did, then we wouldn't have experienced that moment. And let me just say, it was the best experience I could ever ask for.

I don't know what it was but there was this overwhelming love that washed over me then. I knew then and there, without a doubt, that I could not let a woman that made me feel that way go. She knew she could've gotten sick but still decided to kiss me of all people. Call me weak or smitten, but that made me feel special.

Athena Escarra kissed me in the rain.

We were back inside our house and she was flipping the burgers. I sat at the counter with the glass of ice water and a computer. She wanted me to continue working after we got out of the shower. I tried fucking her but she didn't want to, using the excuse that we just had emotional sex. Physically and mentally.

She was in a cropped shirt, no bra, and red lace panties that made me want to fuck her even more. She made me put on another pair of sweatpants, no shirt, and the gold chain. "It turns me on." She said, acting as if I already wasn't trying to stick my dick in her pussy again. There was music, Patiently by JMSN, playing lowly in the background as well.

I looked up from my computer to see her seasoning the patties and reaching up in the cabinet to grab more. Just that simple action made me fall more in love with her. I smiled, looking back down at my computer and completely forgetting what I was doing.

I felt small arms wrap around my neck and her chin being placed on my head. I could tell she was smiling. "How much work have you gotten done so far?"

"A lot. I should be done before your finished cooking." She nodded, quickly kissing my cheek then rushing back to the food. The fries start boiling and she directed her attention to them.

Her cooking and me sitting here working made my heart stop. I wanted to press the pause button so we could stay in this calming moment forever. It made me feel something weird in my chest as I sat here, living in this moment with my love. It also made it hard to breathe because whatever the hell it was, was taking my breath away. There wasn't a specific word that could describe this weird feeling within me but I fucking loved it.

I loved being here with her and knowing I would wake up to her for the rest of my days. Before Athena, my home was dark, boring. With her in it, it felt soothing, relaxing, calming. Even though it was my home I felt like I belonged here now. Like I could actually call it home.

I smiled, going back to typing up documents while Athena finished up cooking. It was just us. At peace. Quiet. With a loving atmosphere. The burgers finished and she set them down on a plate careful not to drop any. The fries would take a while longer so after checking on them she came over and crawled into my lap.

She set her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes and smiling slightly. I kissed her cheek as I finished my last paper. "All done." I announced, she fluttered her eyes open and watched me submit it. We just sat in the chair, waiting for the fries to finish. Her body felt relaxed under my touch and I was glad to be able to take the stress away.

"Thank you." She mumbled, tracing the babies tattoo on my arm.

"For?"

"Everything." She kissed the tattoo before looking up at me with her beautiful brown eyes. Every time I looked into them I was enamored by her all over again. She got up to drain the oil from the fries and I helped a bit, making her burger and putting the disgusting honey mustard I got for her at some point on the counter.