one.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Striped stocking covered feet slip into black leather docs as nervous hands shove a white laptop into her oversized black leather satchel.

Dainty pale hands held her phone to her ear. "Nat, I need to do drinks tonight, Max's at 8?"

Natasha hummed into the line as she listened to her breathless friend hurry around. "I'll be there Tiny, did you wake up late again? I can here that winded breathing you're trying to hide." The older friend chuckled into the phone as the line went silent.

Letting out a huffed breath, a quiet silvery voice breathing, "no, I just enjoy rushing around before the biggest interview of my life."

Looking herself over once more she let's out a loud grunted breath, "I'm starting to think smoking may not actually be good for my soul," she sarcastically chuckled.

"I'm getting you an alarm clock for your birthday...and maybe some nicotine patches." They both laugh knowing bad habits die hard with Poppy.

"An alarm clock with no snooze." Nat added with a laugh. "But finish getting ready, Pop. This will be a good friday, I can feel it!" She smiled into the phone.

The two are about as close to sisters as friends can be, for two only children with red haired heredity and absent single parents.

"Yeah right, I have two interviews and then I'm officially giving up. Turns out, no one wants to hire a cyber security analyst that's done time for felony hacking," she deadpanned in defeat.

Tiny boot covered feet made their way towards the door as everything is shoved into the black leather bag, she pulls the gold oversized zipper and wraps her headphone around her neck.

Natasha laughed, "you'll find the right place for you, if not...you can always go back to your life of crime."

Sea green eyes rolled dramatically as she locked her door behind her. "Helpful, Nat. Love you."

She clicked the red end call button with a chuckle as she slipped her headphones over her ears and made her way to midtown for her interview at BB Records. They were looking for a security engineer and cyber analyst to revamp their entire system, a dream job. She would also get to work closely with music and production, another piece of her background before she dropped out of school.

She slid her arms from into her green leather jacket, listening to her favorite playlist to get her psyched up. She walked with a purpose, and a few dance moves, all the way to BBRecords. Dimpled cheeks tighten as she looked up at the tall sleek glass and steel building infront of her.

As she steps into the bright silver and white lobby space, scanning the board next to the elevator with the building information. She slipped her arms from the olive green leather jacket, weaving the jacket into the strap of her black bag. Her nerves heating up her body under the bright lighting. She clicked the button towards the top marked floor60.