twelve.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Emerald eyes widen as she walked into the portal to another time, the old bar in Manhattan was almost completely the same as it was eighty years ago, the small coil haired girl gazed around the space from where she stood between the three well known record producers and one of the most spoken about labels of the decade.

"This place is breathtaking," she whispered as she felt eyes all around the bar start to focus on them. She was overwhelmed but focused on anything but how anxious she was, thank goodness for tequila. She had to admit to herself that having him nearby was the biggest confidence booster she'd ever had. He watched the way her jade eyes looked awestruck around the room.

"I agree, wait until you see the stage lit up," he smirked down at her. She nervously held onto his arm as he led her towards their favorite booth near the stage. It was reserved for them, he looked around, waving at a few familiar faces as he passed, her eyes just taking in the sight of a room that felt like another time. It was gold, silver, and black with attention paid to every detail.

She felt the eyes on them as they all walked towards their table. Steve smiled down at her as she scooted into the booth, hands fidgeting on the table, "can I get you something to drink Poppy?"
She looked up into his kind eyes as they waited, "alcohol," she hummed. He chuckled, "tequila...got it."

James looked at her as she looked around the room, "are you alright?" His hand met her bare thigh as she finally looked into his gaze. He was sitting closely next to her.

"Nervous, just nervous," she studied the crowd and the large area filling with bodies.
"Sometimes I forget how shy you get," he stated plainly as his thumb played along her thigh. She looked into his eyes for a short moment, "I'm alot of things, Barnes. I just don't adore large groups of people and being stared at."

His brows pressed together slightly, "but you get stared at all the time." She shook her head, "you and Nat both, no I don't."

Before he could could retort Steve and Sam made their way back with a bottle of Bourbon, "how about we try something new, Pops?" Sam wiggled his brows as she studied the contents of the tray, "bourbon?"

She raised an eyebrow, "don't let me make a fool of myself." She warned as they poured shots and watched the crew setting up the instruments.

She lifted the small glass of mystery brown liquid to her lips, tossing it back. She made a ew face and laughed at herself with a groan, "that's new."
They all chuckled at her as she wiggled, feeling how warm it made her, "oh this'll be good."

James smiled and squeezed her thigh, loving the way her accent became more apparent when she drank. As he admired her the band made their way onto the small stage and began to play. Captivating green eyes were enthralled with the sight if three woman creating such beautiful hard music that told big stories.