twenty.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

She sat in the semi familiar waiting area of Tony Stark's top floor offices early monday morning. He'd called Poppy over the weekend about sitting down and speaking as professional adults, he mentioned he owed her answers. She knew he wanted to defend his choices, but she was set on standing her ground and giving him hell, as she loved to do. James and Sam were out if town with a band until the late afternoon, setting up for a tour with their management. The group was meeting with Clutch later in the evening for a late dinner and drinks to finalize everything for their partnership.

"Miss. Ember, Mr. Stark will see you now," the nasally voice of his receptionist rang through her ears, breaking her from her thought. With orange coils atop her head, a few falling in her face, she gathered her confidence and stood up.

Thin nervous pale hands run down her legs fitted with pleated plaid pants, her stilettos clicking below her as she walked toward the office she'd been dreading visiting again. She collected a calming breath as she turned the handle to his office. As she walked into the office she is faced with her father looking serious, hinting at concern.

"Stark," she smiled as she walked towards him to plop in the chair infront of him.
"Poppy, glad you could make time. Let's get right to the point," he stated plainly as he leaned onto his desk.
"Always the best game plan," she deadpanned as she leaned forward as well.

"You know more about my business than you've led on, don't you?" He asks inquisitively as he studies her expressions. She nods as she leans back, "that I do, probably more than your employees do."

She twirled a stray coil around her finger, "why do you ask?" She teased as she stood up, walking towards the window to his amazing view of the park.

"How much do you know about Hydra?" He nearly whispers as he walks up next to her.
"I know they're a cover for something bigger, more sinister." She stated plainly as he looked over at her. Her voice didn't carry fear or even a hint of worry, causing him to turn and face his daughter.

"Poppy, Hydra is simply an idea. What it means to be involved with them is completely different for every individual or organization." He explained as he motioned for her to sit on the couch with him.

"Tony, they're killing people..." she looked between his brown eyes.
"Bad people, we're killing bad people. Taking from those that don't deserve to have." He continued as she sat back and thought deeply about what he is saying.

After a long pause, she turned to look at him with concern finally etched in her face. "Okay, so why are you involved? What is it that you needed or wanted?" She stood and began to pace in her heels, looking from her father back toward the ground as he formed his answer.

"It wasn't just power, I got enough of that from your grandfather...who was tangled in his fair share of bosses and crime." He pointed as he stood to pace like her, she got it from somewhere, and as she watched him pace nervously in thought, she giggled. She found it intriguing to notice things she inherent from a man she didn't know.