two.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

He led her down the hallway and down a floor of stairs, opening a clear glass door on a much brighter and airy floor.

"Sammy, this is Poppy. She will be the new tech lady around here, but before we use her talents. I need you to make it all legal." He motioned with his hands towards his friend.

His vice president glowed as the curly mop bounce into his office with a smile that lit up the brightly decorated room.

Sea green eyes looked around the red and silver office. The glass and steel desk a stark contrast to James' one floor up. Blue eyes gazed from her towards his friend, "this is Sam Wilson. He is our VP and probably who you will work most closely with on this first project."

Her legs carried her towards the glass desk, where Sam now stood as he looked at the new face. She reached a hand out with a kind smile, "Poppy Ember, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Wilson."

Sam shook her hand and motioned for her to sit. He paced towards the door, wide eyed staring at his best friend, and boss, with one hand on the door he gave Bucky a look of surprise, mouthing, 'the felon?' with a surprised stare.

The raven haired friend smirked with a quick nod, "please look over my recs for her onboarding and call me if you need help. Just let her get started with our security from her office."

His crystal blue eyes peak around the door with a tattood hand gripping the thick glass, "I'll come get you from your office for lunch, have fun. And careful, this one's trouble," he chuckled, gave his friend a thumbs up and closed the door.

Sam shook his head and smiled as he walked to sit back behind his desk. "So, let's get you squared away so you can start doing that magic you do?" She bit her lip excitedly and nodded, "perfect." She leaned back in the soft grey chair as he shuffled the paperwork together.

After a few moments of her skimming and looking into her contract she let out a loud breathe. Her Mum dated a lawyer, an asshole, but still a lawyer, so she knew to always read what you put your pen to.

She could still hear the ringing voice of her mother's abusive ex, Ian, in her ear. There's a reason she has avoided any commitment beyond her best friend, Natasha. Never letting relationships blossom beyond casual dating or acquaintances. Well, her mother's ex and the trauma of her life leading up to her mothers death.

Her eyes scanned the document that was pretty straight forward, "this here says 'a multitude of opportunities for growth'. That seems a little unlikely seeing as there is two tech positions in BB Records, correct?" Sam's eyes widen with her honest question.

"If you choose to stay in a comfortable lane, sure. You can, or, when opportunities present themselves... you make decisions for you and your loved ones."