twenty-six.

A

A.N. well, today's my birthday..
   seems only fitting I share
  Poppy's Birthday as well. ♡

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Poppy was finishing up work late Friday night. Natasha and Olive were sent out of town for a mission the week before and planned to celebrate the next week for her birthday, even though she doesn't really celebrate for that particular holiday, not since her mom overdosed the month before she turned eighteen.

Poppy's birthday was always the one day every year her mom always showed up sober, it was one consistency for her entire childhood... a happy birthday. Since the moment her mother passed away, she sorta skipped the day she was born, with a passing hello.

She was typing away on her keyboard when Wanda knocked on the door in a pretty pastel pink maxi dress. Poppy looked up at her strawberry blonde friend, slash assistant, her emerald eyes widen, "Wan, its past 6, what are you doing here?"

Wanda's smile widened as she pulled a large box from the side of the door, "its from Natasha. She said to open it now!!"
Poppy eagerly stood up, she had straightened her thick orange locks and she pushed them over her shoulders in a heap as she stood up to pick up the large box wrapped in light yellow with a big white bow. She loved presents, but almost always hated surprises.

Poppy beamed at Wanda and lifted the lid to reveal a beautiful red corsetted dress with a tulle skirt and rhinestone and pearl covered ribbons. She wiggled a bit before snapping to look at Wanda, "um, why am I getting a dress?" 

Wanda giggled, "get all ready, and read the note on the lid. I'll be back in a few." Poppy's dainty pale hands shake excitedly as she picks up the note in the box. 

         Dear Poppy,
    I know birthdays aren't your    
        favorite, but this year I think
     you can agree you deserve to be
      celebrated. If I'm totally wrong
    go the fuck home and sleep.
           But I have a funny feeling
      you know how amazing
        this year has been to you.
       Your man is a gem, really must
      love you, he talks about you like
       you're a goddess....holy shit.
           I promise it is good.

        Get dressed and ready...
   Wanda will show you the way.
          Miss you,
                 xo Nat

Poppy smirked and shook her head, "always with the secrets and tricks that one," she muttered as she walked to her office bathroom to change and freshen up before fixing her makeup. She kept it light with some gold glitter shadow and brown eyeliner, brows, and mascara, finishing with a nude lip.