thirty-seven.

TW depictions of rape and molestation

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Spirals of orange locks bounce all around her thin pale frame on her way into BBR Tuesday morning. She wore a tiny red leather skirt and a white longsleeve netted croptop. Pietro and her other security following behind her a few yards all the way from her apartment. Poppy's eyes still a deep forest green carrying a bitter sadness within them, yet the pain is dull, vacant behind her gaze.

'Even turning it off can't rid me from it all, it just takes the edge off of losing him...' she thinks as she swallow the emotion, pushing through the revolving door.

The Monday meeting was thick with tension, Poppy had brought three dozen homemade cupcakes, wearing a vacant look on her face as she placed them down. Steve, Wanda, and Sam immediately notice the difference in her persona.

She'd left in a hurry after the meeting, disappearing into her office, focusing on coding all day Monday. She ignored the attempts by everyone to chat about the weekend, including Wanda. She excused herself early and made her way home, her mind on a carousel of wicked 'what ifs' and horrible 'I hopes' flowing on a loop.

Wanda was well aware of what happened after watching the way Poppy reacted to her favorite caramel macchiatto with a shrug as she walked in Tuesday morning, her switch is off. Wanda immediately turns her attention toward the security posted near the elevator on floor 59.

"Pietro, what did you do?" Wanda glared at her brother with her arms crossed over her chest.

He shrugged, "showed her how to take the edge off while that so called wolf ran away with his tail between his legs." He let out a chuckle when he looked down at his sisters angry eyes.

"Piet, I can feel the possessive lust radiating from you, its disgusting. She doesn't want you, and he will come back."

The older twin looked down at his sister, grabbing her shoulders with a vicious grip. "I'm meant to be the one, not that uppity asshole."

She groans, "you're an idiot. She'll never pick you."

He pushes her just as Steve walks from the elevator, "aren't you supposed to protect, Maximoff?" He looked down at Pietro with a judgemental glare and the shorter blonde scoffed in retort.

Wanda rubbed her arm, "it's okay just twin stuff. Poppy's in her office by the way, ready for the guys in twenty."

She forced a smile up at her boss, "have a good day Steve." Wanda turned toward the breakroom to collect herself and think of how to tell Tony, or Steve, she decided she would tell Steve.

When Steve knocked on Poppy's doorway, he could see the emptiness in her gaze at her screen. The normal glisten behind her emerald was dark and dull. "Hey Pop, you ready for the listen with Clutch?"