thirty-four.

TW violence▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

TW violence
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Her Wednesday morning in court went off without a hitch, Tony Stark coming through with a killer defense team, as promised. Poppy was sentenced to some community service and was able to look Rumlow in the eye and feel the venomous hatred he carried for the tiny hacker. The tiny redhead exuded confidence all morning, in a pair of black fitted trousers, black stilettos, and an olive green blouse; she had her long orange locks straightened for the occasion in order to look more put together.

Poppy felt in control of herself the entire time, though she could feel the disgusting, gut churning tension filling that large courtroom all morning as Rumlow stared daggers at her. Something inside her was shifting that morning, a fire erupting inside her gut like never before. She imagined between this misogynistic asshole suing her for a well deserved ass kicking and Olive being killed, that she was ready to take the reigns of her life and make them all pay.

Tony was at her side when the verdict was read, his hand finding her shoulder in a small fatherly squeeze to let her know she wasn't alone, she felt herself wanting to let him in.

After sentencing, her tiny stilettos patter onto the pavement outside the courthouse, James slips his hand into hers. Steve, Natasha, and Tony follow Poppy, as she releases a large calming breath of fresh air and smiled around at them. She admitted to herself she was feeling a little lighter than she did that morning, but felt the weight crash down when she looked into Nat's jade stare, seeing the sadness, and felt the realization wash over her, Olive was gone and whoever was responsible was walking free.

Poppy turned without a word and walked toward the little diner nearby, making her way in. Her heels click on the black and white tile as she walked right up to an open table and sat, waiting for them to join her. Natasha and Steve sit across from her, she noticed the way they stole glances at one another, James sits beside her, giving her thigh a squeeze, and Tony grabs a chair, sitting at the end of the table. Poppy locked eyes with Natasha's sad jade green gaze, grabbing her hand.

"I'm going to kill whoever did it." Poppy spoke clear as day without looking up from her hand in Nat's. Everyone snaps to look at her and she looks around, humming ready to change the subject.

"James, I'll be at work for Halloween on Friday. Right now, I need to go drink alot, then tomorrow Nat and I are hunting down whoever did this." She shrugged and squeezed Nats hand, her older sister smiling at her. They all drank their coffee in a comfortable quiet as the guys worried about the little spitfire, out for blood.

After Olive died Natasha came to Poppy's and they talked it out, fixed all the trust. Poppy was ready to step forward into the life that was waiting for her. She had planned on letting her dad in, and she needed her other family by her side. Nat and Poppy kept eachother company as they mourned their best friend.