thirty-five.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Everything within Buchanan Barnes Records shifted the day after Poppy's court date, employees assuming it was just aftershock of it all. Poppy wasn't answering her phone and James gave her Thursday to be alone, not texting her despite how he ached to hear her voice. He admitted something was probably happening that he didn't want to know about.

Poppy was simply resting at home, self care time before the big Halloween party the guys had planned for their bands, partners, and friends. Tony's friend Happy had taken point on her security detail, he was a nervous wreck most of the time around her, which always made her smile. He also had a few guys that kept eyes nearby, including Pietro, overall she wasn't too bothered by it, and everyone knew she was safe.

The Maximoff siblings arrived to her building early Friday morning as she was getting ready. She knew she couldn't drink much, but she would look good and feel good anyways. She wore an olive green tube mini dress with a black cropped Poison shirt overtop, slipping into black thigh high socks and greens doc boots while she fixed her hair. Multitasking is an artform.

She packed her leafy dress, mesh cover, and olive green ribbon heels for the afternoon party. She was applying her burgundy lip color when a beep beep sounds from her callbox.

She presses the button as she looks herself over, "who is it?"
"Maximoff twins, Wanda and Pietro" she heard the blonde agent from the other day. Then Wanda hummed, "we need to talk to you about everything, Little Red Riding Hood."

Poppys red painted nail pressed the little black button, beeping them in immediately. She nervously pulls at her hair as she slipped her stuff into her little red clutch for the day and turned to unlock the door.

As she brews a pot of water for tea, the knock sounds. "Come in guys," she sings. Poppy smiles at the sight of them, both dressed in jeans and band tshirts. She moved from leg to leg shifting, "Wanda, you lied way too well."

The strawberry blonde lifted her hands in defense, nervous brows pressing. "I'm sorry, Ember. Your dad may have hired me long before Mr. Barnes. I really enjoy you and hope you can accept my apology. I hear you've met my brother, Pietro."

Poppy studied her and nodded before smiling at him, "so, you witnessed my little spiral."

His eyes widen, "little?"
She shrugged, "hey, he killed someone I love, but also, had planned to kill me. That's after being an absolute piece of shit since the day I met him. He was a waste of space, and now he's gone."

She looked at them as they share a look, "Alright, little red, we need to talk about....well, you."

She put a hand up, "first, you're telling me your both....hydra?"

Poppy put the teabags in the small tea pot covered in poppies and poured the kettle water in. She brings the tray with tea cups and sugar over to sit with them. The twins sit on her favorite sofa, each grabbing a porcelain cup. She sits on her new big emerald green velvet beanbag chair with a nod. She sits with her knees tucked under her, looking at them expectantly.