eighteen.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

With tequila wrapping her in a blanket of loosening comfort, her dainty hands trail nervously down the deep red velvet bodycon corset style dress, she borrowed from Nat. A black leather jacket hugging her perfectly, as the chill of the evening air calms her nerves, well that and the cigarette between her freshly manicured fingers. She's been overthinking everything all day, especially her first big challenge, helping prove her worth to her bosses.

"Here goes nothing," she breathed as she inhaled the last of her cigarette. She heard a throat getting cleared nearby mid inhale, "hey, could I borrow your light?"

She jumped slightly at the sudden presence beside her, a hand on her chest as she exhaled. "Yeah, of course," she handed the tall handsome man with blonde hair her favorite gold lighter.

"Sorry if I startled you, my friend's have told me I need a bell," he joked as he lit his smoke. She laughed at his joke, "funny my mother once said the same thing about me," she pointed at herself with a smile. He melted at the sound of her honey sweet voice.

There was a small silence as she looked him over, his frame adorned in the perfect black denim and a white tshirt, the blue material of his blazer lit well in the moonlight.

"You here for the event?" He asked as he tried to maintain eye contact, his eyes trailing down her frame in the dim lighting in the front of the building. His eyes settling on her emerald orbs as she finished her last puff.

"I am, actually have to meet my bosses. But will I see you in there?" Her kind eyes scanning him for a moment more as she grabs her lighter from his held out hand. He nodded, "I sure as hell hope so."

She chuckled and waved her hand before rushing towards the door. The mysterious musician kicking himself for not getting her name as she walked in the door.

Stunning black stilettos with gold snake accents on the ankle patter towards the bar as she gives a small wave toward the guys at the same reserved booth as last time. When she makes it to the bar, she locks eyes with the kind bartender from her last chaotic visit. "Little rum fighter," he hums with a smirk as she feels the heated pink hue filling her skin.

"Yeah, sorry about that. No rum today. A bottle of Don, please," she nodded with a tap on the bar as she feels a hand across her shoulder.

She jumps under the touch before she sees Steve, "hey, Pops. How're you doing? Other than jumpy." He smiled down at the nervous orbs looking up at him.

"Nervous, excited, a little of everything. Are the girls here?" She looked around and locked eyes with the mysterious handsome stranger from outside, his ocean eyes popped in the lighting of the club. Steve shrugged as the stranger gave her a half smile while he started talking to a group of guys. She turned and paid for the bottle quickly, opening it and pouring a glass. Steve shook his head, she only smiled as the alcohol dripped down her throat.