four.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

"I'm sorry, every one of those men undressed you with their eyes atleast once, curly!" Olive yelled from the other side of Natasha who sat perched in the middle of the backseat of the taxi. Tia and Brandi went back home, Olive was joining the two redheads at Natasha's for their ritual friday night sleepover.
"Well, I work for them so technically they shouldn't be doing that."

"But, you said it yourself. It never mentioned it in your contract!" Nat pointed as the cab pulled up to her building in China Town, they paid the driver and hopped out. Heeled feet click against the pavement as they make their way to the fifth floor.

They skip into Natasha's dark modern studio, Olive immediately undressing to climb into the spare sweats and tank she leaves at Natasha's.
Nat changed as Poppy slid into a hoodie and walked towards the window to the fire escape balcony. Dainty hands carry a cup of water, dropping a sleepy time tea bag in before climbing through the narrow studio exit.

"You okay, Pop?" Nat leaned her head on her arm as she hung through the window. Poppy locked eyes with her friend and shook her head.

"Am I stuck on self destruct?" Her eyes were sad and her brows pressed together.
Nat shook her head, "no. You're impulsive, full of life, and you thrive under pressure or when surrounded by excitement. But life hasn't looked like that in a long time."

Poppy nodded and lifted her sleepy water to her lips. "I just got hired and I already want to do something that could ruin it," she looked out into the city lights below. The horns and yells somehow calming to her inner chaos.

Nat climbed out and sat next to her friend, leaning her head against the railing across from the lost sea green eyes. "You're never going to find any version of peace until you face the music of your reality."

Nat's eyes intensely stare at Poppy as she nods, "I have to talk to my dad?"

Nat nodded and bit her lip, "he is the reason you came to the city after everything."
Poppy locked eyes with her friend, "well you were a big part of that decision, Red." She wiped her eyes, feeling the tears brimming, despite her fighting them.

When you dig holes in your mind to hide your trauma and pain, it will always remain just shallow enough to haunt you.

"I know enough about the man after a simple hack into his corporation and another he had a hand in. I'm just so fucking exhausted of disappointment. He will undoubtedly be another part of the endless carousel of let downs."
Nat tilted her head forward and grabbed her friend's hand.

"Then own those feelings and be yourself, you'll never know until you do. I can come if you want. But you are off to a new exciting chapter with BBR. It's time to say your piece to the one chunk of your life you avoided for too long. You need to meet him, he may not deserve it, but you do."