nineteen.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Small worn out combat boots rush through the glass of Bosley Coffee Co. the late Saturday morning autumn air blowing against her messy bun, loosening a few curls around her face as she smiles at her favorite barista.

"Hello Peter, how are you?" She beamed as she walked up to the empty counter, her oversized grey rolling stone tshirt falling mid thigh over her ripped fishnets as she tugged at it.
"I'm about 75% better now," he cheerily smirked as she nodded with a chuckle.
"Glad I could help, even if its only 75%. I need a large caramel machiotto with extra caramel," he nodded.

As he makes her drink, she returns a couple emails on her phone, grabbing a seat at the small counter and deciding to spend the morning with Peter. He was more than happy to entertain the tired curly haired redhead that giggled at his corny jokes and teased him the perfect amount. She'd thought him sweeter than most of the harsh realists that fill the city.

"Peter, seriously...there's this girl that works with me. She's friends with my assistant, super cute, 19, aren't you 19?" He nodded excitedly, she continued, "she's dry in the humor department but I think she'd enjoy you." He smiled as he worked, "yeah, always open to meeting people. It's always so awkward to walk up to a stranger and be like. 'Hey I'm Peter, do you like starwars?' Y'know?"

"I definitely get that, I'm just a nervous talker and can't stop myself from conversing...it's like my least favorite thing about me." Poppy twirled a curl and quickly returned an email Wanda sent about a meeting with Clutch.

Peter slid a free muffin over to her with a tightlip smile, "for making this shift so much better."

The two had spent the morning chatting and catching up. "So you really performed with Clutch?" Peter's eyebrows raised at the thought as she nodded, "not by choice but now I have a boatload of vacation and I can say I sang on stage with a real band."

"Wish I coulda seen it!" He added as he helped another customer. Poppy scoffed dramatically, "never gunna happen. I refuse to sing like that infront of people again, one time deal."

She'd been there for a couple hours enjoying her new friend and his nervous adorable joking. She'd realized how distant Natasha had been this trip and couldn't help but feel slightly alone recently.

He places a coffee on the counter for a blonde nearby, "I didn't tell you about the new internship I landed!" He beamed at his friend.

"Oh yeah? How is it?" She smiled and sipped at her third coffee, attempting to avoid the shakiness of her hands.

"Well, I'm working with the biologists in Stark Industries, it's incedible." His voice was so enthused but she couldn't keep the anger from her eyes. 'Stark is everywhere,' she thought to herself.