six.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

The next days got away from everyone, Steve and Bucky attending meetings with new musicians and bands throughout the state. Sam was out Thursday evening with a possible client at a bar. He left the spunky redhead alone, engulfed in her numbers and codes clicking away with a coffee machine she used on a constant loop.

Steve and James stepped off on floor59 just to walk by her office and up into theirs the back way. They both knew they wanted to check to see if she was there, as they round the corner, there she was.

Almost jittery as she leaned onto her desk in the dimly lit room. She was surrounded by screens, there was the redhead with relaxed curls falling around her face. Her eye makeup gold with red lips she bit as she focused.

James knocked as he realized they were gawking, "what are you still doing here? Its eight."

She stood quickly, snapping from her coding trance, unknowingly showing off her short red plaid skirt.

"I got caught up, you know how I-" she waved her hands and the heat of stares started to burn into her.

She shrugged, "how were all your meetings?" She smiled as James snapped to look at Steve, whose eyes widen and nod.
"They were good, landed a few new good ones," Steve spoke as he felt Bucky's glare.

"Have a good night Poppy, I gotta get home. We're happy you're here." Steve pat his friend's shoulder and trotted up the stairs.

She had never enjoyed the cat and mouse game quite like she did with this impossibly perfect man. He made her feel intoxicated under his stare, he turned after the door closed and ran his hands through his hair.

"How's the algorithm coming, doll?" He took a few steps towards her, letting his icy stare wander down her legs making her plant her thigh high stocking and boot covered feet. She swooned at the nickname but kept her cool exterior.

She smiled proudly, "it's amazing. I have completely finished your main core integrated system. It's a dream project." She intertwined her fingers together, taking her own small step towards him. She wanted so badly to hug him but the lines are so blurred between them.

She wrapped her arms around herself and he noticed with a softened stare, "you know you're killing me in this."

He motioned towards her body and she slipped her arms into her black cardigan, "Sir, I'm not even a third of the way through what I need to build for you guys."

He nodded and walked towards the window on the left side of her office. She followed a few paces behind him, "James, I don't understand why I'm here."

She looked up at him and watched his exterior soften as he looked back down at her. He hated that she didn't see what was so obvious to everyone else. Beyond just unforgettable beauty, she was a paradox of complete perfection that was easy to love.