twenty-two.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Thursday rolled around quickly and Poppy had been ignoring texts and calls from Natasha since Monday. She knew her friend landed back in the city the previous night and was livid that she bailed on her promise of picking her up.

She'd spent the night with James to avoid seeing her, now she was typing away in her office finishing up her work for the day when Wanda knocked on her door with a cheeky grin.
"Hey, Ember. A few of the other assistants are going out to a bar in Midtown, would you like to join us?" Wanda rattled a nervous knuckle tap on the doorway as she waited for her boss to answer.

Poppy smirked and nodded, "you all want to go out with me, a boss?" Wanda giggled, "yeah, of course." She ran her hand through her hair, "sounds good. Come grab me when you're leaving."

Wanda clapped, "perfect. By the way, love the scarface shirt. It's my brother's favorite!" Poppy beamed, "you have a brother?"

Wanda smiled and nodded, "twin brother, he's a business owner over in Europe." Poppy nodded, "very cool. Where are you from originally?"

"Sokovia, he stayed and I followed the American Dream and wound up here," she smirked with a wink before walking back to her desk.
"I'm excited for tonight, Wan." Poppy added before getting back into work, she felt her phone vibrate and turned it over.

[James♡]: Hey, stuck in Jersey until tomorrow morning with Steve. Sam is available if you need anything.

: Ew, have fun with that. I'm going out with Wanda and some of the girls tonight.

[James♡]: That sounds fun, where are you going?

She smirked to herself at his worry, before biting her lip and texting back.

: Some bar in Midtown. Don't worry, when I touch myself tonight, I'll be sure to say your name when I finish.

[James♡]: Prinţesă, what are you doing to me?

: Just expressing myself. I'm not good at secrets, Sir. Remember?

[James♡]: Finish your work and call me before bed.

: I'll do my best. ;)

She giggled as she clicked on the text window from Natasha, immediately rolling her eyes.

[Nat×]: I'm at the airport, where are you babe?

[Nat×]: Poppy did you seriously forget me? Ended up call Elijah to drive me.
[Nat×]: You bitch, it's been twelve hours. Where are you? I'm worrying.