thirty-six.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Natasha came through with a last minute change for her best friend, Poppy had been a wreck all day and Nat could feel it from her apartment in chinatown. Well, it was that and the text reading, 'i need to be dramatic, if i dont make a scene and send that man a message, i'll lose it. xx help. oh and black stilettos."

Natasha showed up half an hour later with a vape pen in hand, a large duffel with the perfect costume from years before, and a smile on her face at the sight of her friend. Poppy was lying on the floor in her Poison Ivy costume. Her green heels tossed on the opposite side of the room.

She whimpered, "Ivy felt funny when I decided on it but now I feel entirely too literal in the worst way, given my relationships impending doom." She shook her head and pulled the vape pen from Nat's outstretched hand, taking a hit.

Natasha squatted down beside her sister, "so, as for dramatics...are we talking make him wish he never met you or wish to never let you leave his sight again?" Poppy gave her a small smile, "I can't lose him Nat, now that I've fallen...but I don't want to do it without him."

Natasha studied her and ran her long fingers through her friends messy straightened hair, "do what without him, Pops?"

"Life."

Natasha softened, "oh curly girl, then lets get you ready." Poppy smiled at the old nickname Olive used for her.

After a few minutes, burgundy lips smirked at Natasha as she zipped up the dress. "Pop, you are a little on the money with this." Poppy let out a giggle, "only to the people who get the joke. Everyone else will just appreciate the sight."

The tall redhead's jade eyes widen, "is that confidence I hear?"

The small one laughed, "yeah, I decided to step into it a bit. I need to stop being so stubborn...you may have been right." Nat's eyes widen, "okay, who are you?"

"Hey, it doesn't mean I'm comfortable in the slightest," Poppy shrugged.

She slips her foot into the black stilettos that Poppy left at her best friend's for emergency nights out, the three girls had been together so much that their things always resided around one another's. In her passing the girls learned that Olive never actually did get around to finding an apartment last year, she really was a nomad...and damn good at it.

Natasha watched her friend wrap a red velvet cloak and ties the thick ribbon in a bow, her straight hair laying down her back and shoulders.
Natasha held up the green dress she just took off, "I'm gunna borrow this and enjoy a little free booze. I kinda wunna see the looks you get." Natasha pulled the ivy mesh over her little black dress and borrowed the ribbon from Poppy's stilettos.

Tiny black stilettos click toward the stairs twenty minutes later, the party was in full swing. The sound of a new techno song that Sam liked was playing and she smirked at the sight of the village people dancing she recognized dancing, Clutch was on the moneyfor costumes. As she did a quick once over she didn't feel as overwhelmed as she thought she could.