twenty-four.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Poppy smirked at him as they settled into bed, "three facts about you that I don't know and I'll kindly return the favor." She leaned forward and pressed a kiss on his lips.

"Okay, three facts. I used to be really good at football, I love motorcycles, and, uh-" he looked at her and let it a breath.

"So I actually have a little sister, but I don't talk about her because she is extremely private and we don't talk as much as we used to. I didn't mean to keep her a secret but I feel like I need to tell you." Bucky looked at her with sad eyes that made Poppy shift to lay closer.
"What's her name?" She whispered.
"Rebecca, Becca we call her. She actually lives abroad in Europe."

"I'm sorry you aren't close anymore, I always envied people with siblings."
There was a silence for a few moments as James runs his hands through her wild spirals.

"So, me? I'm petrified of being abandoned, like absolutely mortified of the possibility anyone could walk away again. I hate crying infront of people, and I make music occasionally." She rolled to lay on her stomach, her head on her arms as she looked at him.

He beamed, "so piano?" She smirked, "yeah, piano and I do love to sing, just not infront of people."

"Alright, confession. I met some guy you used to know tonight...Dean?" he asked quietly, his face etched with worry, making a smirk cross her lips.

"Dean was a fling, yes. He was intense and controlling. He didn't like most of what I did, I don't change for anyone. And you know I'm honest, but he got hooked. There is a reason I feel something changing James. I love you, I don't think I've ever felt the kind of love you give and the feeling I get when I look at you feels like bliss."

The way his heart pounded as she spoke was igniting him, he watched her with wide excited eyes. "Poppy, I love you. I just want to make you happy. Forever."
A pink hue covered her cheeks, "I love the sound of that, and I love you."

They knew they were running into love fast and blind. Falling head first with no parachute, two lost, lonely souls that found eachother.

The pair spent the entire saturday in his oversized bed, cuddling, touching every inch of one another until Bucky's phone rang that afternoon.

He glanced at her as he clicked answer, "hey Steve, whats up?"
'I need you to come approve a few things for a last minute change with the tour. An hour, two tops.'
Bucky let out a deep breath, "be there soon."