fourteen.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

The shock she experienced when she realized he cleaned her crime scene of an apartment after she slept all afternoon was nauseating. The curly haired mess was ashamed of herself. 'I'm a fuckin mess' she muttered as she self wallowed for a couple more hours, thinking of a way to make herself look less of a mess to the man that clearly cares for her more than any man had. She smiled at the dahlias on the counter as she ate the chicken noodle soup he brought her. "Fuckin thoughtful man is too good for me," she mumbled.

After racking her brain to find the confidence to text James back to thank him she came to the conclusion that she couldn't. Soon after, calling her friend for help.

"Natasha, we have a problem," she hummed into the phone against her ear as she held back her tears of utter embarrassment.

'Tell me everything,' even in another country Nat always helped her best friend. But for the first time, Poppy was falling inlove and that made everything harder.

'My best advice is to focus on work for the week, get it done so you can finally get under him. If he cleaned up, it's more than lust. I'm sorry I wasn't there.' It was as simple as that and Poppy took in a deep calming breath, "I'm gunna go in early tomorrow and do it. I love you."
Nat smiled into the phone, 'Love you too Tiny. Miss your face.'
"Yeah yeah, come home soon before I self destruct Red." They laugh as Poppy hangs up.

The next day, she made her way in before six the next morning. Poppy then disappeared into work. Feeling the infreno inside her chest to see him, those eyes, she had laser focus all morning. It wasn't until 10 she realized she hadn't had breakfast or seen any of the guys. Anxiety washed over her again as she fiddled with the cassette tape collection stacked on the corner of her desk. A piece of history that always made Poppy excited to procure, it was a small slice of happiness she remembered her Mom using to connect with her.

As Poppy stepped into the elevator to get breakfast, her face was engulfed in her phone. She was lost in an article about the organization she'd secretly been watching for over a year after 'accidentally' stumbling deep into an internal system and learned of deep true evil, the organization called Hydra is constantly in her thoughts.

When she heard a throat get cleared she looked up and there were the eyes she'd been dreaming about and dreading all morning.

"Hello, Sir," she looked from him to her feet. He was dressed in grey tweed trousers that fit perfectly and a white button up. He smirked as he looked her over, a few orange coils falling in her face from her tight bun and framing her emerald eyes. His eyes traced her curves that were tightly hugged by leather leggings. He ran his tongue across his bottom lip before locking his crystal gaze into her evergreen.