♥04♥ No. 4, Captain and Point Guard, Hakanai Shiki

After Kise shedded tears because of his first ever loss against Seirin during the practice match, he decided to take basketball a little more seriously. Kasamatsu thought it was a good thing because a loss can make a person grow up. He wanted to see how much growing up Kise will make so he decided to look ahead and wait for the results. 

A week has already passed since the practice game with Seirin. They have another practice game today. Kasamatsu wondered if he will be okay because he did lose to Aozora during last year's Interhigh. He was the ace for the team last year and he failed to live up to the name. He can still remember how his seniors blamed him for the miss pass, he will never ever forget their frustrated tears and anger directed at him. He can remember how he wanted to quit basketball at the time too...

'This year will be different!' His thoughts were positive and it did not put him off in anyway. 'The wind is pleasant...' The spring wind blew nicely, giving him a nice breeze. What a nice day to walk to school in...

"Hm?"

All that was about to change because he saw something up ahead that made him frown...

"Hakanai, I know what you have been doing!" Sano was shouting at Shiki, making it clear to her that he was angry because of something she has been doing.

"Keep your voice down, Sano. That one day I choose to walk to school, I have to be greeted by you..." Shiki wanted to continue to walk but Sano grabbed her arm harshly. 

"Whatever you are doing, stop it already!" 

"'Stop'? Why?" 

"Because-" 

"You didn't stop what you did last year, why should I stop what I am doing at this very moment?" 

"Shiki-" 

"You call me by my name again, I will slit your throat."

"You..." Sano can feel his anger rising. 

"Sano, you can never beat me fairly so you had to make sure I fall... How does it feel to know I am crawling my way back up? Isn't it sad how people are talking about the group of girls and not you? You egotistic fool..." 

She managed to provoke the final string of refrain and he raised a fist at her. 

'This gives me an excuse to hit him back...'

"What the hell are you doing?!" Kasamatsu jumped into the scene with a powerful jump kick. 

"Eh...?" Sano had no idea what happened because he can feel his consciousness leaving him. 

"Huh...?" Shiki was the most confused; where did this guy come from? 

"You never ever raise a hand on a girl! It's not right!" Kasamatsu didn't think he would see something like this happening on a walk to school. He turned to Shiki, "Are you ok- You..." 

"Kaijou's Captain..." 

"Is this guy your boyfriend? Y-You shouldn't go out with someone like this..." 

When he said that, there was a momentary moment where she looked sad. 

"Huh?" 

"I wish someone could have told me this last year..."

"Hey-" 

"I could have handled this douchebag myself, why did you jump in?" She's not angry about him jumping in. She's confused why he jumped in...