♥05♥ No.5, Shooting Guard, Kaede Akina

"Akina, all this time, you were in the team crushing other schools' teams?" Moriyama asked his girlfriend.

"Yeah." Akina answered him rather nonchalantly, "Is there a problem?"

"Yes there is a problem, Akina." Moriyama wanted to talk her out of this, "Your team has been making a lot of people devastated..." The rumor was that the teams beaten by these girls were devastated by the huge difference in scores. It demotivated players from playing basketball anymore.

"Oh."

"Just 'oh'?!"

"What is there to say?"

"Akina-"

"I am doing this for Shiki."

"Will you stop what you're doing for me?"

"No."

He was a little dejected that Akina would flat out refuse to do something for him when he had asked. He wondered what motivated the girls to go to different schools and thrash the teams with basketball...

"I won't let you!" Moriyama marked Akina when she got the ball. He was certain he will be able to prevent her from scoring since he was taller than she was.

Akina looked at Moriyama with tears brimming her eyes, whimpering in fear when her eyes met Moriyama's.

"Eh?!" The moment Moriyama's attention was diverted from the game, Akina smiled and dribbled away from Moriyama and did a three pointer.

"Moriyama, what the hell were you doing?!" Kasamatsu got over to Moriyama and slapped the back of his head, "You could have stopped that!"

"I thought my girlfriend was crying!"

"I'm gonna cry because of your stupidity in a minute!" Kasamatsu couldn't believe Moriyama would fall for such a trick!

"I scored~." Akina was happy to know they were now 6 points ahead of the Kaijou team.

The game resumed and things were getting serious on the first quarter. Kise decided to repond back by performing the reaction steal used by Shiki to steal the ball when she had it. Shiki tried to steal the ball from Kise but it was proven hard against the copycat. Kise easily scored 3 points for the team with a three pointer.

"Don't mind! We are still in the lead!" Shiki heard about the Generation of Miracles; who hasn't? "On the first quarter, we will focus on Akina!" 

"Kasamatsu, did you hear that?" Moriyama just saw her shoot the ball in once and it looked like a normal three-pointer, no big deal at all. Well, of course anyone would be a able to do a normal shot after escaping Moriyama's defence. 

"Moriyama, defend properly!" 

"I'll try!" 

"Wha-!" Hayakawa can see straight away that Fuyu was different from usual when on the court. Once off the court, she's shy and and normal. When she's on the court, she's proven to be an aggressive defender who can effectively limit her mark's choice to pass the ball or to attempt to score. 

"Too slow!" Shiki jabbed the ball behind Hayakawa, she can see that the person marking her has changed from Kasamatsu to Kise. 

Shiki kept her eyes looking at Kise's, she purposely bounced the ball between her legs each time in order to prevent Kise getting too close. The moment Kise tried to use the steal Shiki used earlier, Shiki bounced the ball behind her to Fuyu.