♥27♥ The revenge to the sky

Shiki was training alone at the street basketball court. She was working on her footwork so she can be much quicker. As a Point Guard, stealing and speed was key; the role was to steal the ball and pass it to the right person at the right time.

"Hm?" Shiki looked at the arrival of somebody else when she heard the gate being opened.

"You guys are..."

"Recently it has gotten a lot peaceful. I am glad we are able to play basketball normally again." Natsuhi said to Fuyu.

"Shiki getting closure to her hate is what we all wanted all this time." Fuyu replied. They were making their way back from the hot springs, "And speaking of peaceful, you and Kobori-kun are pretty cosy."

"W-what are you talking about..." Natsuhi shyly looked away,"Don't talk about Kobori-kun all of a sudden. The same can be said to you and Hayakawa, no?"

"Ah! Don't bring him up so suddenly!"

"Don't b(r)ing who up?" Speak of the devil and it shall appear, Hayakawa had just finished bathing and he was very relaxed, "Snow P(r)incess, it's nice to see you!"

"H-Hiro..."

"Hayakawa, you got the kimono on but you still need your underwear- Oh, Tsuyu-san..." Kobori found Hayakawa and the two tall girls from the Aozora team. He was holding Hayakawa's clean underwear to return to its owner and he quickly hid it behind him.

"Good evening." Natsuhi greeted, "I see you are on parenting duty."

"Sort of."

"Hiro, please put your underwear on..." Fuyu looked away with a red face, unable to believe Hayakawa actually forgot to put his underwear on.

"Oops..." Hayakawa blushed too and he walked up to Kobori in shame and asked for his underwear back with a silent voice, opposite to his usual vigor.

Hayakawa returned to the changing room to put his underwear on again. Fuyu didn't want to be rude and stand between Natsuhi and Kobori so she excused herself by saying she will wait for Hayakawa from outside the changing room.

"I am sorry you had to hear that."

"He is the future captain of Kaijou, right? I am sure he will do just fine." Natsuhi said to Kobori, "A parent has to let their kids run free, right?"

"Now that you have two freshmen in the team, how is the team's formation going?" Kobori asked her.

"With Fuu in the team, she is our 2nd to last defense from Harumi's Half-Zone."

Kobori was looking at Natsuhi's beautiful smile when she's talking about the team. He was happy for her that the Aozora team was looking more and more like a usual team with good sportsmanship.

"Most of all, it means a lot to us 3rd years."

"I can see why. I remember when you guys played basketball to break the pride of others."

"Yeah. I thought we would lose Shiki but we didn't. It's after we played against you guys that she has been smiling more often. Kaijou is a good team."

"Aozora is a good team too."

"Thank you..." Natsuhi was happy to hear that from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

However, behind their current happiness has some problems on its own; Shiki was being confronted by one of the teams she has crushed before meeting Kaijou. She was being hit again and again by the school's judo team, who were happy to beat her up.

Shiki put up a good fight but since she was up against four trained fighters, her alone doesn't stand a chance. She was being held back by two guys while two of them took turns to hit her in the face or in the stomach.

Shiki glared daggers at the basketball team for their dirty methods of paying off the school's judo team to do most of the dirty work.

"Getting others to do your dirty work, fight me yourselves, you cowards!" She was forced to shut up when one of the judo member grabbed her chin harshly and reminded her that they were her real problem, not them. Shiki spat at the judo member and she was punched very hard in return for her vulgar move.

"You bitch! Someone needs to teach you a good lesson-" The judo fighter was not able to say anything more because he was punched very hard into the ground by Kasamatsu. The force of the punch made the guy faint.

Shiki can see the rage in Kasamatsu's eyes, he was livid, he wanted to kill each and every one of them.

"Who the fuck are you?!" Kasamatsu Yukio happened to have walked by and he saw the moment when the guy's fist met Shiki's face. He would have thought things through rationally and take control of a situation without jumping in without thinking.

The basketball team all ran away on the spot, leaving their school's judo team behind.

Shiki watched Kasamatsu and the third judo member fight. Kasamatsu was getting beaten up too and it didn't make Shiki happy at all. Her heart ached when seeing Kasamatsu hurt and she shouted that the judo members beat her up instead of Kasamatsu.

The two who were still grabbing her arms taunted her, telling her that they will have their ways with her once they were done with Kasamatsu.

"You fuckers...!" Shiki can feel her blood boil. She didn't think the past would chase up to her. She was a little glad that she was the only one on her team to endure this treatment; she would be in pain if her team was put through this.

'I haven't been a good captain, bringing this sort of situation here...' She really started tk regret what she did in the past. 'I can't change what I did. I lead the team to a destructive path...' Her eyes looked at Kasamatsu, watching him beat up the judo member. 'Meeting you slowly brought me away from it...' She can't let Kasamatsu get hurt anymore.

Shiki stomped very hard on one of the judo member's feet. The judo member on her left quickly let go of her and tend to his very badly hurt feet. Shiki then grabbed the judo member on her right, and kneed him in the stomach with everything she has. She then looked at the other judo member and she punched him in the face after dodging a kick.

"Shiki!" Kasamatsu kicked his opponent very hard, making the other vomit on the spot.

Shiki grabbed his hand and the two of them ran away from the scene. Kasamatsu lead the way, taking her away from the basketball court...

~~~~~~~~

Kasamatsu tended to her injuries and she tended his afterwards when they returned to his hotel room. They were both hurt but they cared more about the each other's injuries than their own.

"Kasamatsu, you keep saving me again and again..."

"I told you, I will save you from the darkness."

That's right. He said he will bring her into the light and he has been sticking to his words.

"You did say that..." She's really glad her team was able to meet his team. It was their meeting and that match that motivated her to leave the destructive path that lead to nowhere. She's so glad to have crossed paths with him.

Meeting Kasamatsu Yukio was very important to her because she was able to see the shape of love.

"Shiki..."

Meeting Hakanai Shiki was important to him also. He was able to forget about his weakness when with her. He too was able to see the shape of love when with her.

Kasamatsu leaned forward and kissed her on the lips. Shiki kissed him back, pulling him close so the kiss would deepen.

That night, Shiki didn't return to her room because she stayed in his room...