♥29♥ Autumn river

"Akina!" Moriyama crossed the road and ran up to Akina, giving her a quick kiss to the lips, "My dearest angel~! Have you waited long?" 

"I didn't wait that long." She gave him a small smile as she held his hand, "Thank you for coming over." 

"It's no problem. I will be on my best behaviour just for you!" 

Today was the day where Moriyama will go to Akina's home for dinner. Moriyama was nervous; he has never gone this far before! What if he messes up?! What if he can't get past her Father?! What if her Father become his biggest obstacle between Akina and him?!

"My Father wants to meet you, he keeps bothering me that I am hiding you from him." 

"R-really? He won't kill me, would he?" 

"I don't think so." 

"You don't think so?" 

"I have never went as far as to bring a boy home before. You are the first." 

"W-wow..." Moriyama was happy to know that he's Akina's first boyfriend; it meant no one has stepped a foot into her room but him! "Akina, thank you for being my girlfriend!"

"Hn." Her face might be aloof but Moriyama can feel just how deep her love for him was. "By the way, when the Winter Cup is over, it's exam time for us. Do you want to study at my place when that happens?" 

"Your Mom and Dad wouldn't mind?" 

"It's just my Dad and I." 

Moriyama looked at Akina, afraid that he has stepped on a territory too personal for her. 

"Don't worry, I'm used to not having a Mom." 

"I-I see..." 

"I don't know what happened to her, Dad never told me and I don't really care about it." 

"Is that what you really think?" Moriyama has both parents and he never really imagined himself without his Mother. He can only guess not having a Mother caused Akina's aloofness; if you're a single Father and you your daughter always coming back home from school with the usual face, you can't even tell she's suffering. Moriyama wondered if Akina always held back her emotions in order to stay strong for her single Dad; the less trouble she caused, the less worried he would be. 

"Yeah." 

"Okay! Time for a hug!" 

"Eh?" Akina was suddenly hugged and she blushed at his very vocal public display of affection, "We're in public..." 

"I don't care. I like showing off my cute girlfriend." 

"Geez..." She allowed him to do whatever he wanted since she doesn't dislike what he's doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, you two are home. I made okonomiyaki." Her Dad greeted his daughter and her boyfriend with a kind smile. 

"H-hi! I'm Moriyama Yoshitaka!" He rehearsed many, many times but he failed to stay calm. Moriyama was so afraid of making a wrong impression that he ended up speaking like a robot. 

"Don't be so nervous, I won't bite." 

'Him saying that doesn't calm me at all!' Moriyama thought to himself. 

Dinner was a little too quiet because Moriyama was afraid of initiating any conversation. He looked up from his dinner to catch a glance at Akina's Dad.