♥12♥ 4 seasons

"Sorry I am late..." Kobori apologized to Natsuhi.

It has become quite a regular thing to meet up with Natsuhi whenever he doesn't have practice; he would send her an email asking if she was free to have a cup of tea with him at a small cafe. Natsuhi in return will always accept his offer if she doesn't have practice too. For the vice-captains, it was easy to talk to one another because they have a common ground.

"It's okay, I have only just arrived too." Natsuhi smiled at Kobori, happy that he's here, "I have a lot to tell you! We are finally an official club again!"

"Really? That's great news for you!"

"Yes. Shiki is a really amazing girl... She single-handedly brought the club back again. I remember trying to bring it back somehow but it was so hard..."

"I am sure your captain has changed her aims, huh?"

"About that..."

"Shiki, does it mean you are letting the past stay in the past?" Natsuhi asked Shiki.

The captain looked at Natsuhi with a confused face.

"No. Just because I brought the club back, it doesn't mean I have returned the favors. Bringing the club back is just something to do alongside."

"Shiki, I don't like it when you're doing things that are mean and horrible to others..." Natsuhi has never been comfortable with Shiki's choices ever since the black haired girl returned with a completely changed ideology in basketball, "The Shiki I know is not like this, even Fuyu would tell me you have changed..."

"Natsuhi, you all focus on basketball. I still have a score to settle with them."

"But-!"

"It's fine."

"Do you really think that?" Natsuhi wanted her friend back, the real Hakanai Shiki, the girl girl who loved basketball and always smiled with pride when playing basketball.

"Natsuhi, do you believe in karma?"

"I..."

"I used to think all bad people are to be punished by karma. I believed good people will never have misfortune fallen upon them unless they have went wrong in life..." Shiki smiled at her with a sad expression, "What have I done in my life to deserve what happened last year? Is it because of who I am?"

"Shiki..." She can't answer her friend because she knew she was right.

"I feel like I am losing my friend..." Natsuhi finished telling Kobori of the conversation she had with Shiki. She looked at him and smiled a little, "I'm sorry, making you listen to me talk about my troubles..."

"It's okay. You needed someone to talk to."

"Shiki is a good captain and player on the basketball court. I can always count on her and she can always count on me but part of me is afraid that she will drift away from who she really is..."

"Tsuyu-san, you are a very kind."

"I am not kind. If I was kind, I wouldn't join Shiki to hurt other teams. I don't agree with what Shiki was doing with the team but I can understand why she needed to do so. I told myself that I will stay by her side and hope she will listen to me." In reality, Natsuhi cannot change Shiki's mind.

Kobori took the sugar cube bowl and put a cube up on the saucer. He then took the pot of sugar and took the little metal spoon out to take out a teaspoon of sweetness.