♥16♥ Secret Tears

Seirin were not able to keep their promise with Kaijou to compete and settle the score at the Interhigh. Kaijou were forced to compete with other teams and can only hope for the revenge match to resume in the future Winter Cup.

The blue elites decided to keep their promise with the Aozora girls; take over Interhigh as Kanagawa's representative!

However...

The girls watched the whole match to see it end with 98-110. The Quarter-finals ended in Touou's victor and Kaijou's promise to the girls broken into little pieces.

"Kise..." Even from a very high up place, Harumi can tell her cute kouhai has injured himself during the game.

"I didn't think they would lose..." Shiki honestly didn't think the boys would lose. Her team had a hard time with Kaijou and then there was Touou who can make a small point gap difference and take the win.

Shiki looked at the girls to see that they were all concerned for the blue elites. Looking at Akina, Shiki can tell that she's very worried about her boyfriend.

"Want to see them?" A simple question from the captain to the team, "We have time before our match begins so we should use those time carefully. Let's get changed first and then we will see them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akina was surprisingly quick of getting changed. She ran to make her way to stop Moriyama from leaving the stadium.

"Akina-senpai is quick..." Harumi said to Natsuhi.

"About that, Akina has taken a liking to Moriyama-kun."

"Really? That Akina-senpai who wouldn't bat an eye at a person unless there's snacks for bribery?" Harumi was surprised that someone who was literally like the flowing clouds would have feelings for another person.

"Ever since she found out Moriyama-kun is a Shooting Guard like herself, she started looking at him with more respect. Why do you think she practiced so hard to copy his shooting style?"

"Akina-senpai is amazing..."

"Akina is lazy and has very little interest in many things. But when it comes to shooting a ball into a basket, she is a completely different person though her face may not seem to show interest..."

"Anyone know why Moriyama-kun is ignoring Akina?" Fuyu asked the two of them, "By the way, where is Shiki?"

"Yoshitaka!"

Moriyama heard his girlfriend's voice and so did Kise and the other two main regulars.

"Akina..." Moriyama doesn't have time for this; he just wanted to go home and forget about today. It's a really bad day for them and he doesn't want to deal with any non-basketball related related problems right now.

"Wait, don't go-"

"Akina, I really don't want to deal with this right now. Why don't we deal with this another day."

"Another day..." Akina wanted to ask him why he's ignoring her but she was unable to get the words out. The more she wanted to ask him, the seed of fear sprouted and grew bigger and bigger, suffocating her emotionally. "Another day is fine... Can we meet up in a week time? It's really important, I want to be able to see you on that day."

If he didn't see what he saw on a certain day, he would have been really happy; a girl who actually wanted to see him with returned feelings.

"I'll think about it." But he's not going to think about it at all.