Prologue

Luke
"You demons you walk around in our skin, our flesh, our blood and bone and you think you're above us!" She shouted, stepping closer to me with every word. "You think that just because you can posses us, just because you can't get hurt that you're better than us!" She stamped her foot, she actually stamped her foot, crunching the gravel beneath her shoes. "You are us Luke! You were once us! Humans who lost their way. We've all got a demon inside of us, your kind just let it show." She began walking away.

I shouldn't have cared. I didn't care. Problem was, I was lying.

Ashton
I slammed her against the stone wall and she had the audacity to laugh so I did it again. "Watch it Ash!" She hissed, running her hands through my hair. "You'll break the vessel." She murmured as her nails dug into the back of my skull before tugging at my hair by the roots. I slipped my arms around her waist, feeling every curve of her body.

"Carful you don't hurt mine then." I whispered. She smirked the corners of her red lips turning up.

"No promises." She whispered before pushing my head down and connecting our lips.

Michael
"These rules are in place.."

"Fuck the rules Rose!" I exclaimed, swinging my feet and throwing my hands in the air. Rose scowled, crossing her arms over her chest. "You know I don't give two shits about anything or anyone and.."

"That's just it!" She shouted over me. "You always say you don't give two shits about anything! Does that include me you asshole." I jumped off my car and walked toward her.

"No, you know that. Of course not." I'm pretty sure demons don't have feelings but whatever this aching thing was in my chest, seeing her standing there with this hurt expression on her face, definitely felt like emotion to me.

"Then stop saying it." She muttered, walking away.

Calum
"Ava please." I whispered. "Please don't cry." I whispered. I was whispering because I didn't want to yell, I didn't want to get angry. If I did, I would loose control.

"Just tell me Calum! Tell me what you're so afraid of! Why are you holding back?" She cried, tears flowing freely despite being in a public park. I looked up at her from the park bench we had been sitting on together.

"There's things you don't know. Things you won't understand." I tried to emphasize. Ava was smart but she was innocent too. I couldn't mess her up. I couldn't drag her into this.

"Then make me understand." She was sitting next to me again. Ava grabbed my hand. I don't remember what having butterflies felt like but I'm pretty sure I had it then when she held my hand.