1.5 Michael: Psycho

Michael had his orders sure but Ashton forgot to mention one crucial detail or rather, several crucial details. Michael had no idea what Mariah looked like. Sure Michael could have asked but Ashton was otherwise preoccupied and he was sure that when Rose met up with whoever was delivering the message, they would at least say each other's names.

Michael and three other demons waited atop the building on the corner of the street. Rose was just below them lingering by the street sign. She seemed anxious and kept glancing about but she never looked up. Her mistake. "How long do we have to wait up here boss?" Was it.. John?

"Don't call me boss." Michael snapped harshly. The guy had a jersey accent and mannerisms. It was getting on Michael's nerves. "And we're only waiting until Rose passes on the message. The other guy scoffed.

"I don't understand why we gotta let this skanky spy hang around. We know she's a spy for the Queen so why don't we just kill her?" Michael's blood would have became incredibly angry. He knew Rose was a spy but he would be damned, even more than he already was, if he let anyone touch her.

Michael had grown this strange attachment to her. He knew he annoyed her but Michael didn't give a fuck. He liked looking at her. Liked annoying her. Loved seeing her dark soul. What was going to happen to her once this was all over? She would probably be killed. She was a spy after all. Michael didn't like thinking about that.

"Shut the fuck up you demon piece of trash." Michael snarled. His eyes flashing. "Besides, Ashton wants to feed Amira all the wrong information. This is a perfect set up." They shut up. Just as well anyways because here came Rose's accomplice. Michael leaned in.

Rose quickly explained some of the training she had undergone and the names of the demons who were once on Amira's side but had since transferred over. What Rose was saying wasn't all too important because none of it was real. What was important was who she was saying it too.

Michael eyed the girl suspiciously. She had dark curly hair that was pulled back in a high ponytail. Glasses sat on the bridge of her nose and she had a darker complexion. She was pretty but Michael had no idea who she was.

The girl didn't write any of what Rose was saying on her clipboard, she just listened intently and didn't interrupt her. Michael tuned back in when his name was mentioned. "And Lucifer.. That Michael character." Rose scoffed, shaking her head.

"What about him?" This was the first time Michael had heard the other girl speak.

"He's annoying. It's like his sole duty is to bug me." The girl shrugged.

"You don't have to do this."

"I know. I just wish he didn't hang around me." They stood their and stared at each other a bit. The other girl pushed her glasses up her nose.

"So is that it?" Rose nodded.

"I'll see you soon then. I've been away long enough." Rose nodded. I tensed, waiting for them to say goodbye to each other. He needed a name. He needed a name. But they just walked away. Rose Vaporized, probably heading back to camp but the girl kept walking. She was heading to the nearby portal.

"Come on. Ashton wanted us to kill the messenger."

"Rose is the messenger." Michael hissed. "She's on the receiving end." He continued, pointing to the unnamed girl.

"Well let's kill the receiver then!" They argued. Michael glared at them. He didn't know if it was Mariah. He didn't know what she looked like. If they didn't kill her and it wasn't Mariah, Ashton would be angry at them. If it was Mariah and they killed her, Ashton would be angrier. Michael ground his teeth. They were all staring at him.

"Fine. Kill her."

----

"Hey babe." Rose glared at Michael and turned away. She wasn't even going to acknowledge his existence. He had killed Mariah. He had killed her. Ambushed her at the portal to hell. And while Rose was worried he might have seen Mariah with her, and had figured out she was a spy, she was more angry than suspicious. "Aw babe. Giving me the cold shoulder?"

"Go away Michael." Rose muttered.

"What's up?" Michael questioned, nudging her. Rose just glared at the ground. Michael knew why she was mad. He just hoped it wouldn't be so obvious that she was angry. "Come onnn you're no fun when I can't bug you." Rose glared up at him but said nothing. "What did I do?"

"You know what." Rose muttered under her breath.

"Did I hurt your feelings?" Michael teased. Rose stood up and shoved him. He staggered backwards surprised and watched Rose storm away from him. "Rose!"

"Fuck you Michael." Rose hissed. Michael went after her.

"What is up with you!" Michael shouted. Rose didn't reply right away. "You're acting like a child going on a temper tantrum." Rose couldn't take it. She wanted to make him pay for what he had done to Mariah.

"You killed one of my friends." Rose attacked, kicking his chest. Michael fell backwards and landed on his ass. Rose kept coming towards him, pulling out a knife. A demon knife. Rose got ready to stab him but Michael grabbed her arm and yanked her down. Rose yelped and the knife fell out of her hand.

Rose fell on top of Michael but rolled off and bounced up quickly. Michael scooped up the knife and held it out, pointing it at her throat. Rose stood there glaring at him and breathing heavily. "Who the fuck are you talking about?" Michael demanded, even though he already knew.

"Her name was Mariah. You and your underlings ambushed her at a portal to hell."

"Ashton ordered us to kill her." Michael questioned lowering his arm. "She works for Amira."

"She was my friend!" Rose shouted at him. The two of them just stared at each other. Rose scoffed. "Whatever. Just leave me alone Michael."

"I didn't mean to." Michael began as she started to walk away. Rose paused. "She wouldn't join our side." Rose turned her head. Her eyes were narrowed.

"Well now I don't want to be here either." Rose turned again and walked away.