1.3 Luke: Hold Me Down

She has nightmares every night. Sometimes she woke up crying, sometimes she just woke up in a cold sweat. He didn't know what they we're about but there was one thing Luke was certain of, he had caused them.

Ever since he had Vaporized with her, she hadn't been the same. Or maybe he had just never seen this side of her. The scared, weak side. Hailey didn't seem the type to cry, especially with all her combat skills. She could take and give a punch. She had long scars across her arms probably from a knife, so she had taken several hits before and gotten back up and it was almost weird to him seeing her so defenseless, lying or sitting in bed crying.

One night, when Haliey woke up from her constant nightmare, she felt as if someone was in the room with her. She reached under her pillow for the demon knife and brought it forward. Wiping the tears from her cheeks, she reached out and pulled the cord for the lamp before scanning the room. The room Luke had paid for with whatever demon money he had.

He was in the room. She knew he was by the way the hair on the back of her neck stood up and how her skin prickled. Gripping the tip of the knife, she threw it with hard precision at the corner of the room by the coffee machine. The blade stopped moving and Luke became visible then, the handle of the knife in his hand, inches from his t-shirt covered chest.

"Excellent aim darling."

"Don't call me darling." Hailey hissed. Pushing the covers off of herself. She realized she was only standing there in a thin white shirt and basketball shorts but she didn't care. "What the hell are you doing in here?" Luke turned the knife around in his hands, careful not to touch the blade.

"Well, I did pay for the room."

"Then I'm leaving." Hailey stated, grabbing her bag.

"No. Stop." Luke stated calmly, walking towards her. Hailey was afraid he'd turn the blade on her, stab her in the chest but he merely held it out to her. Hailey took it from his outstretched hand, placing her bag down. She grabbed the handle tightly, getting ready to strike if he made any sudden movements.

"What were you dreaming about? Me?" Luke questioned with a cocky grin.

"That must have been why it was a nightmare."

"So I was in your dreams." Luke questioned. Hailey shook her head, why was he interested?

"No. You weren't in it."

"Too bad. I could have turned your nightmare into a wet dream baby."

"Far from it." Hailey scoffed before moving to stab him in the neck. Luke caught her arm and wrenched it behind her back painfully, making her drop the knife but Hailey refused to cry out in pain. Instead, she bit her lip and elbowed him in the ribs with her left arm. Luke wasn't phased by this so Hailey stepped on his foot and kicked him in the shin with the heel of her foot. Nothing.

"Don't lie. You think I'm attractive."

"You're not." Hailey hissed, Luke pulled her arm back more and this time, Hailey did let out a yelp.

"Lie again and I'll break it." Hailey couldn't afford the bill and she wasn't too keen on trying to splint it herself. So she decided to give him what he wanted to hear.

"Fine. Your vessel is hot. But you, the demon inhabiting him are not." Luke spun Hailey around, his hand clamped down on her shoulders.

"We're one and the same. The vessel is me. I am the vessel."

"You are not the same." Hailey hissed.

"We are though." Luke brushed his knuckles down the side of her face and tucked a strand of her dark hair behind her ear, Hailey resisted the urge to bite his hand. "His body is mine just as your soul is part of your body."

"It's not.." Hailey couldn't finish her sentence because Luke pushed her back and she fell on top of the bed. She was about to push herself up when Luke climbed on top of her. Hailey laid back, surprised as Luke hovered over her face.

"It feels the same." Luke murmured. "It's human hands pinning you to the bed and a human face inches from yours."

"But it's the devil that's trying to hold me down." Kneeing Luke in the groin, Hailey managed to shove him off of her bad dive for the kip nice on the floor. Luke smirked at her on the bed as she stood up, ready for another attack.

"You're sexy when you're angry." Luke paused. "He thinks so too." And with a snap of his fingers, Luke disappeared. Hailey knew he was no longer in the room. She couldn't feel his presence. He thinks so too? Was he talking about the guy he was inhabiting? Did he know he was possessed by a demon?

Shaking her head, Hailey checked the clock and saw that it read three in the morning. It was early but she really wanted to take a shower and scrub the feeling of Luke's hands locked around her wrists. She swore she could still feel the heat radiating off of his body and onto hers.

She had to admit it was pretty hot though. Having never had much contact with the opposite sex, because of her lifestyle, she would have been lying if she said she hadn't pictured something similar to that happening to her before. Granted, she wished it had been with a regular human boy instead of a possessed one. Hailey shuddered and then went to take a shower.

Another opportunity had passed. Hailey wondered how long he would be interested in her. Right now she was an enigma but later she might just be an annoyance. Hailey just hoped he wouldn't realize her true intentions.