3.3 Luke: The Truth

This time, when Luke showed up, Hailey was ready. She had hidden a demon trapped the middle of the room and handcuffs with the symbol etched into the metal to keep him chained to the body he was in. She had seen it once a show and tried it out herself, stealing a pair of handcuffs off a cop. It had worked pretty well and so Hailey kept using them. She hadn't done that in a while though.

And then it was just the waiting game. Waiting for Luke to show up. Waiting for the excitement to start. Waiting for the blood pumping adrenaline that would course through her body the second he entered the room. He was probably going to sense her heightened emotions but by then, it would be too late.

As expected, Luke entered the room without a care in the world. Hailey sat on the bed, reading her book and barely looked up when he Vaporized in. "Not even a greeting?" Luke asked smugly. Hailey didn't respond and so Luke walked forward, crossing through the middle of the hotel room. But he didn't get very far.

Jumping up immediately, Hailey pulled out the handcuffs and while Luke stared dumbfounded up at the demon trap painted on the ceiling, she slapped them on his wrists with a satisfying click. Luke hissed as the metal began to burn his wrists from the symbol. When he realized they were handcuffs though he smirked.

"Wow.. Kinky." A surge of rage ripped through Hailey that made her want to tear off Luke's head right then and there but she and a ritual. She had a set of rules to follow. They were things she had made up to keep herself sane all these years. So far it she worked up until she met Luke.

Grabbing a chair, Hailey still refused to look at him or reply to his remarks about what she was going to do with him. He somehow seemed to think it was a game as she spun the chair into the demon circle, allowing him to sit on it instead of stooping to the floor. He continued to talk as Hailey rolled out her various torture instruments, carefully running her thumb down her demon knife, drawing a slit of blood. She had sharpened it just last night for this occasion.

"What are you doing?" Luke asked. The first non-sexualized sentence out of his mouth.

"I'm going to kill you." Luke didn't seemed phased by her reply though. He simply shrugged.

"You're not going to kill me." He said confidently.

"And why wouldn't I?" Hailey asked, turning back around to look at him, demon knife in hand.

"Because of my vessel. He's still in here right now and he's very very scared." Hailey shook her head. She wasn't going to listen to him.

"I don't believe he's really in there."

"He is! His name is Johnny. Do you really want to hurt Johnny?" Hailey grinds her teeth.

"Johnny isn't real." Demons did this sometimes, pretended to be their vessels. It was a ploy to get you to let your guard down, maybe get you to release them but once you did that.. The demon would just try to kill you. Hailey had made that mistake once and she was never going to let it happen again.

"I am real!" That voice was different from Luke's. "Please, Hailey don't hurt me. Just let Luke go I don't want to die right now!" He cries out.

"You'd rather live with a demon inside of you?"

"I'd rather be alive with a demon than dead."