0.7 Michael: The Spy

Rose was on bended knee before the Queen who laughed upon seeing her. "Why the formalities Rose? We've known each other long enough. Come, tell me what you have found out." Rose stood and raised her eyes to look at her Queen.

"Your Majesty it is always polite to bow." Amira grinned and gestured to the seat next to her. Rose walked forward and sat.

"You're right of course." Amira said with a gleam in her eye as she lifted the glass of wine to her lips. "So, what news do you bring?" Rose shifted a bit uncomfortably in her seat. The reason she had come back so soon was because she wasn't sure of how to proceed.

Michael was keeping her at arms length so far, in everything that dealt with Ashton and his army, but he was no stranger to her when it came to flirting and trying to get her to go to bed with him. Or "let loose" and "have fun". Michael had said she was a bit uptight. Rose had scowled at the notion.

"Michael hasn't revealed anymore information to me My Queen, I'm sorry." Amira stared at her. She had her head bowed, hands folded in her lap. She was clearly upset by this. Amira placed her cup down slowly.

"But you didn't just come to me to tell me this have you?" Rose lifted her eyes to meet the Queen's.

"No My lady. I've come to ask your permission for something." Amira waited for Rose to continue. With a sigh, Rose said what was on her mind. "I would like to join Ashton and his band of followers. If I can get close enough to Michael, I can get more out of him and if I'm in his army, he'll trust me more." Amira frowned immediately. "I know, I'm not too fond of the idea myself but.."

"I can't help you if you're in league with them Rose, they'll know in a heartbeat that you still work for me and you might be killed." Rose nodded her head. There would be no reinforcements for Rose if she infiltrated the army and was foudb out while in their midst.

"I know."

"And you're still willing to go?"

"Of course. You have given me a job and I will do whatever it takes to complete it. Trust me, I want to bring down Ashton and his band of misfits as much as you do my Queen." Amira smiled at this. "I am your loyal servant and nothing can change that."

"I'm glad to hear you say that." Amira said, standing. Rose stood with her. "You have my permission to go Rose but if they show any signs of turning on you, you are to leave immediately, friends and allies are going to be hard to come by these days." Rose nodded.

"As you wish my queen." Bowing, Rose Vaporized  out of hell and hit the crowded streets of New York, a place Michael often frequented, she knew he would find her in no time at all. He had a keen eye for her. Rose was Michael's mission just as much as Michael was Rose's.

"Hey Angel, you're late for our play date." Michael said appearing on her left side.

"Play date? Don't you mean another round of you trying to build a case as to why I should sleep with you?"

"Am I making any progress?"

"No." Rose replied truthfully. Michael grinned.

"So what about my other offer?"

"I've been.. Contemplating it." Rose said slowly.

"That've better than last time." Michael pointed out. "Last time you outright said no. So what's changed? You've finally fallen for my good looks haven't you?"

"If you compliment yourself one more time, I won't join you." Michael laughed.

"So you do want to hang around the Winners Side." Rose rolled her eyes.

"As of right now, there are no winners, there are no losers. I'm debating my options Michael."

"Well debate faster. Think about it long and hard in that pretty little head of yours. But I want your final answer today." Rose and Michael stopped walking. Rose tried to look surprised by the comment, which wasn't hard. She thought she might have a few days to pretend that Michael had somehow changed her mind in the mere week they had known each other.  

"Why today?" Rose asked slowly. Michael shrugged.

"Ashton doesn't want me wasting time on people who can't make up their minds." Rose narrowed her eyes at him. Michael threw up his hands defensively. "His words not mine. If it we're up to me, I'd continue to bug you until you joined our team sweetheart."

"What did I say about nicknames?" Rose demanded.

"That I shouldn't use them but I can't help it babe." Michael reached out and touched her hair but Rose slapped his hand away. Michael chuckled.

"I.." Rose paused so it would seem like she wasn't completely sure. "I will join you." Michael grinned in a god forsaken way that made Rose shiver.

"Lucifer I'm so glad to hear you say that." Michael said before placing a hand on her shoulder. Rose shrugged him off.

"Yeah, yeah. Now what? Do I gotta repeat some evil phrase to show my loyalty?" Rose questioned.

"Maybe, but later." When Michael placed his hand on her shoulder again, they Vaporized away.

Michael took her to base. Well, the fake base. This base was a front just for Rose. There were actual demons here, on their side but they were planning, training and going over fake protocols so that Rose could give Emily bad information. This base was in the middle of nowhere, Kansas to be exact, and in an abandoned store. The real base was in the basement of an abandoned warehouse somewhere in California.

"Welcome to Camp Hell On Earth! How would you like your eternal damnation?" Michael joked. Rose shook her head, already regretting her decision to say yes.

"Are you going to show me around or what?" Rose asked, gesturing around them.

"My pleasure." Michael said with a fake bow. Michael showed her around, feeding her lies.