3.4 Ashton: In the End

Amira glared at Rose, unconvinced. She had just informed the Queen of everything she saw, the piled up dead bodies in the warehouse and how the only two left standing were Ashton's right and left hands, Luke and Michael. Amira heard Luke had been captured by some human hunter not too long ago but what about Michael. What was she going to do about him?

"Why did you leave without killing them?" Amira demanded of Rose. Rose bowed her head, not looking the Queen directly in the eye.

"Three against one your majesty. The odds weren't in my favor. Ashton seems.. Particularly fond of them."

"That's exactly why I wanted you to kill them!" Amira snapped at her. "Michael had his stupid henchmen killed my best friend." She watched Rose swallow hard. Amira had sensed her slight affection towards Michael but was hoping that it hadn't dug deep enough yet so that Rose could kill him. Apparently, it had.

"I'll go back your majesty, catch him off guard and then move onto Luke if you wish." Rose amended. Amira scoffed, sitting down heavily on the throne.

"No, forget it." She muttered, sensing a presence in the room.

"Revenge is your best color my Queen." Amira smirked at Ashton as he bowed. Calum appeared in the next second, ready to kill him at a moments notice. Ashton merely smiled at him.

"Down, Calum."

"One more word and I'll kill you." Calum snaps.

"Then you'd have to deal with your sister." Calum narrows his eyes as Amira rolls hers.

"Calum, it's fine."

"I don't like it sister. With everything he's done, can you really forgive him, let him rule beside you?" Calum demands. Amira wasn't sure. She knew she could never let her guard down around Ashton if she did invite him to rule with her. If he was planning on betraying her, he would always be lying in wait, biding his time and looking for the best opportunity to strike.

"I can handle Ashton. He's no match for me."

"That's true." Ashton said with a shrug. "Were you really planning on sending this girl to kill my best friends?" He asks, gesturing to Rose.

"I'm not a girl." Rose snaps at him, narrowing her eyes.

"I spotted your spy from a mile away." Ashton said, ignoring Rose as he climbed the steps to Amira's throne. "She was easy to bring into the fold, easy to feed lies too and best of all, she fell for that idiot I kept around to dig up dirt on you." Amira smirks.

"Maybe I wanted Rose to be obvious."

"To what end?" Ashton asked.

"To hide my other spy." Rose smirked at Ashton's slightly shocked and amassed expression.

"I was merely supposed to distract one of your right hands." Ashton started to laugh.

"While your other one kept tabs on you." Came Luke's voice suddenly, walking out from behind the throne.

"Amira, my Queen, beautiful and cunning. I would have never suspected my supposed friends were stabbing me in the back." Ashton said to her, have feeling like wanting to kill Luke himself. "Now I want to slit his throat myself." Luke Vaporized away from the couple, appearing next to Calum who smirked at him.

"The three of you can leave." Amira ordered.

"Make good choices my Queen." Calum told her as Rose and Luke Vaporized away. He too, disappeared and Amira smiled to herself. Everything had gone perfectly. After Rose reported to Amira that Luke had a thing for a human girl, Amira was able to threaten him with her life and he complied in feeding her information about Ashton and his proceedings.

She had de-strengthened the portion of Hell Ashton wanted to attack for the very purpose that it would make it seem like an easy feat to take the throne room. In reality, Amira had wanted to kill as many of Ashton's followers as possible before the real battle broke out.

It was also how she knew that Ashton was genuine about ruling with her and had little to no ill intentions regarding their dual leadership. Luke had reported to her that it was almost sickening how much Ashton actually cared for the Queen. But there was still Ashton's army to consider. What were they supposed to do with all those demons? At Amira's suggestion and Luke's convincing, Ashton agreed that killing off the entire rebellious army would prove to be an act of loyalty to the Queen.

Amira sent Rose to the warehouse with the intention of finding out if Ashton had followed through and to see if Ashton would allow her to kill Michael. If he had, it would show that his loyalty was fickle. If he tried to stop her, even in the reverse psychological way, then he would prove his worth to Amira.

"You truly thought of everything didn't you?" Amira shrugged.

"Of course I did. Couldn't let you get the best of me my love." Ashton licked his lips, smiling a little.

"How did you get him to turn against me."

"I simply threatened to kill his girlfriend and when that didn't work, I offered to shield her from you. He wanted nothing more than to keep her safe, ironic since I heard she just tried to kill him." Ashton nodded a bit grimly.

"I told him to stay away from that girl. She was going to be the death of him. She was a hunter and.. Now she's sitting in jail for killing two cops."

"Luke told me as much before you arrived. I think he has half a mind to break her out." Ashton shrugged.

"I wouldn't put it past him." The two stared at each other for a bit, neither saying a word. Finally,clearing his throats Ashton asked, "Have you decided my fate my Queen? If you wish to kill me, I hope you'll make it a quick death."

"Is that what you think I'm going to do?" She asked.

"Well, you've given no indication that you have thought bout me joining you, being by your side. We don't even have to rule together if that's what you wish. I can simply become.. Your right hand."

"You would never be able to replace Mariah."

"I know that. It's merely a suggestion my love." Amira looks away from him as a small smile graces his lips. "I suppose if I'm still standing here though, you don't want to see me dead."

"Oh I do just not right now." Amira replied with a smile. She waved her hand lightly and the throne room shifted. The steps Ashton were standing on, elongated as a different throne rose up to the right of Amira's. The emblems on the flags switched from one A to double A's underneath a crown in a golden circle and Ashton grinned.

"You had everything prepared already?"

"Of course my dear." Ashton walked up the steps and sat down on his throne. It was smaller than Amira's and less fancier which nearly made him laugh. He didn't care about the status of being King though. He merely wanted Amira back and it looks like he was about to have her.

"So what does this make me?" Ashton asked a shining black crown appeared on both of their heads the minute he sat down. Amira thought for a second.

"Partners."

"In business?"

"And love." Ashton chuckled, settling into the seat. "I knew this would happen in the end."

"What that I would surrender to you?" Ashton asked with a slight smirk.

"Yes." Ashton's laughter rang throughout the hall and Amira slowly smiled. Eventually, everyone bowed to her. It was only a matter of time before Ashton did so himself.