0.1 Luke: Bars

Luke grinned as he watched the two men in front of him go at it. Smiling like the devil, he took his sixth shot wishing he could feel something from it but alcohol had little effect on damned souls. The next best thing to alcohol though was driving humans insane. Filling them with rage, pain, anger, and of course stealing their souls. He had placed into these two men's mind, hateful thoughts and amplified it with alcohol. When the first man lashed out, it was brutal. There was blood everywhere. Red was Luke's favorite color.

"Enough! Enough both of you!" The bartender shouted jumping over the wood surface and breaking the two men up. Luke smirked and rolled his eyes. That's the trouble with having fun, someone always wants to ruin it. Without even looking up, Luke brought the beer to his lips and quietly whispered devilish thoughts into the back of the first mans skull, the one who had hit the second, before taking a sip. Anger, rolled off of the man in waves and Luke relished in it. No one was surprised when the man hit the bartender. Then, chaos really erupted.

Fists were flying, tables were breaking and everyone in the room was going at each other, almost. Luke stood up getting bored with the petty humans and their low tolerance for pain. Already, half the men in the bar were reeling on the floor clutching an arm, a leg, or their stomachs. Luke didn't bother to pay as he set down the empty bottle and stepped over a man lying in a pool of his own blood. He wasn't dead, yet.
Luke could sense it.

Shoving his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket Luke began scanning the bar slowly, one last time, before leaving. He spotted something unusual. A girl, or rather, a teenager sat on the far side of the bar in a booth all by herself. She was casually sipping a beer and ignoring all the mayhem around her. What was more unusual, she was staring right at Luke. Luke scoffed and shook his head smiling before glancing at the ground and pushing his way outside.

Luke kicked up some dirt and gravel as he made his way down a dusty road. The bar was in a back town somewhere in Tennessee and at least a mile away from the nearest town. Far enough that any ruckus in the bar wouldn't spill out onto the streets but close enough that people could get to it. Luke continued to smile, keeping his eyes on the ground.

"You know sweetheart," Luke called out behind him as he glanced up at the road before him. "If you wanted to go for subtlety, you should've got up and fought someone in the bar." Suddenly a knife was pressed against his back and the girl had his arm locked behind his back.

"Good thing I wasn't going for subtlety then." She whispered in his ear, pressing the knife against his skin harder. Luke hissed. It was a demon knife. One wrong move and he would be dead, for good.

"Come on babe, let's talk about this. I don't want to hurt you." She twisted his arm and Luke tried not to let out a cry of pain.

"Oh really? If you hadn't noticed, I'm the one with a knife to your neck." She snapped at him. Faster than the women could react, Luke grabbed her arm and threw her over his shoulder, but he was unable to grab her knife, and she managed to land on her feet. Luke could have just left. He could have left this body and found another bastard to inhabit but he liked this body. It was young and reminded him of himself before he sold his soul to hell. He had grown attached, if a demon can grow attached.

"Scared?" Luke questioned arching an eyebrow at her. She hadn't made another move yet.

"Why are you? Want me to call mommy for you?" Luke smirked as she lashed out again. She threw a fake punch towards his right side so when Luke stepped left he felt the full force of her actual punch in his gut.

"Nice one." Luke said, smiling. This only seemed to infuriate her as she lashed out again, her blade cutting into his shirt and chest, drawing blood. Luke hissed and swiped his hand at the wound pulling it away, he examined the dark blood. "You little.." Luke ever got to finish his sentence because the girl kicked him in the gut making him stumble backwards. Luke was ready for her when she attacked again though.

She threw another punch which Luke caught. Swiftly, he spun her around, pinning her arm to her back and twisting it. The girl hardly cried out in pain. Instead she slammed the elbow of her free arm up his ribcage. Luke dropped her arm in surprise as he touched his side. She kneed him in the chest and shoved him to the ground. Luke landed on his ass and smirked up at the girl as she hovered over him. She turned the knife around in her hand ready to stab it through his heart but Luke swiped his legs out, knocking her down at her ankles. When she landed on her back the knife clattered out of her hand a few feet away.

"Sorry sweetheart." Luke said pinning her arms to the ground a he hovered over her. The girl didn't even squirm. "But look whose knife is pressed against whose neck now." He murmured to her, grabbing up the knife from where it lay and pressing it against her neck

"Bite me." She snarled. Luke smirked.

"Maybe later babe." Luke paused. "What's your name?" She glared at him.

"Why do you want to know?" She fired back.

"Because I have the fucking knife to your neck."

"What's the point? You're going to kill me anyways." She snapped at him. Luke narrowed his eyes at her before standing up quickly and straightening his jacket. The blood had stopped running now, and the wound closed up. He would defenitly need a new shirt though. Twirling the knife in his hand Luke turned around and began walking away again. He heard her scramble to get up. She was also breathing pretty heavily.

"Hopefully we won't meet again." Luke shouted back at her throwing the knife into the ground and listening as it drove itself in the earth.

"Haliey." Was the girls response. Luke furrowed his eyebrows and looked back at her.

"Excuse me?" He questioned. She rolled her eyes at him.

"My name. It's Haliey." Luke smirked and nodded.

"Hopefully we won't meet again, Hailey." With that, Luke snapped his fingers and disappeared in a column of smoke. Haliey couldn't stop staring at the spot he had just occupied. Here one second, gone the next just like before. She wondered if he was going to come back but after a minute of nothing she rushed toward her knife and cleaned the dirt off of it while grinding her teeth.

"I hope we meet again." She muttered under her breathe, glancing at her reflection in the metal. "I will kill you. Even if it's the last thing I do." With that Haliey brushed back her hair, sheathed her knife and walked away.