0.3 Michael: Angel

Michael jumped off the roof. It was twenty or so feet but that was okay, Michael couldn't die I mean he was already dead. He jumped mostly because he wanted to and partly because he spotted a pretty girl walking by. He had been lazily swinging his legs on the edge of the building when he had spotted her far below. Michael didn't think about anything else as he threw himself off the side of the building, he just wanted to meet the girl.

When he landed lightly, on the balls of his feet, a couple nearby looked at him startled, like he had dropped out of the sky, which he had. Michael grinned and chased after the brunette. "One step closer and I'll slit your throat." The girl called out behind her at him. Michael would have been startled if he couldn't, quite literally, see straight into her dark twisted soul. People stared at her scared, afraid she had spoken to them, but she turned and glared at Michael. They relaxed.

"Why so hostile angel?" She scoffed.

"Angel? Far from it, or are you blind boy?" She asked him, continuing to weave through the crowds, trying to get away.

"Oh I can assure you, I'm no boy." Michael replied cockily. The girl scoffed and flipped her hair. Michael caught a wave of her perfume. Something citrusy to match her easy going style and light brown/blonde hair. "Aren't we going to exchange names? Numbers? Frequent corners of hell we visit?" Michael asked. She only glared at him.

Rose had heard of him. Michael. He was notorious for breaking rules. He was part of Amira's Guard, until recently. She had heard rumors that he was drifting through both Amira and Ashton's company. Which made him dangerous. He was elusive to begin with and volatile. It was best not to tangle with someone like him. And yet, she knew she had to.

"I don't think so."

"Oh, come on now baby girl. I don't bite too hard." Michael said reaching out and running his fingers from her shoulder down her arm. Rose reached over and grabbed his hand, twisting the fingers back.

"Whoa! Hey!" Michael complained even though it didn't hurt. "Easy on the vessel. I like this one." Rose rolled her eyes, let go of him and kept walking down the street. Michael continued to follow. "Where you headed to princess?"

"What's with all the nicknames?" Rose snapped, answering a question with a question. Angel, baby girl, Princess? Why was he hellbent on talking to her? It made her job easier but she didn't like how flirty he was being.

"I reserve them for only the prettiest demons." Michael whispered in her ear as he moved closer to her when they stopped at a crosswalk. Rose suppressed the urge to punch him in the face. She clenched her fists at her sides, waiting for the light to turn green. "Why are we standing here, come on." Michael said grabbing her wrist and dragging her across the crosswalk. Several people gasped and Rose tugged against him.

"Are you crazy!" She hissed as a car barely stopped in time so as not to hit them.

"What? We can't really get hurt you know that right?" Rose pulled her arm free from his grasp as they made it to the other side of the street.

"Yes I know." Rose said angrily. "But if we had gotten hit by a car and picked ourselves back up off the asphalt, fixed our broken bones, stopped bleeding and kept going about our business, the humans would notice." Michael rolled his eyes. "Do you want to draw attention to yourself, to our other fellow demons?" Rose demanded, glaring up at him. Michale shrugged

"Honestly? I don't give a damn." Rose frowned. She knew Michael was reckless she just didn't know it was to the point of exposing himself. Not that many humans would be able to explain what demons can do. If a demon had gotten critically injured in front of a lot people and picked itself up from it, the humans might call it a miracle.