2.3 Michael: Nothing Good

"You good for nothing piece of shit!" Michael laughed ducking the punch. The other demons fist sailed into the wall and through the plaster.

"Michael, stop teasing him." Rose said across the room. Michael glanced at her as she rolled her eyes. Michael smiled as he watched her rip her demon knife down the chest of the guy who told her he'd show her how to have a good time. He kind of wished she'd said, 'You're right, I'm having a wonderful time right now.' but Rose wasn't one to joke around much.

"You heard the lady." Michael said punching the demon in the face. He hadn't even been able to get his hand out of the wall. His head snapped backwards and Michael skillfully pulled his knife out of his belt loop, tossed it up and stabbed it through the demons  heart.

"You got a problem?" Michael heard Rose demand. Some of the new recruits looked a bit furious that we had just killed their friends but these were Ashton's orders, if they didn't want to join, kill them.

"Did you have to kill them?" One of the blondes demanded, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yes. Not just because they fucking annoyed me but because that's orders. You don't join, you die."

"Do or die recruits." Michael echoed walking towards Rose and dropping his arm over her shoulder. She tried to shake him off but he kissed the top of her head and she stopped moving. Instead she glared up at Michael, annoyed. "Are we clear? You follow the rules or you die." There was some grumbling but nobody argued against it.

"Alright." Rose murmured physically removing my arm from her shoulders. "Follow me."

"Follow us." Michael corrected grabbing her ass. She yanked his arm up and threateningly stepped towards him. She was so small and cute though that Michael wanted to laugh. How could someone so small look so angry?

"I will rip your arm out of its socket." She hissed. "And that would be really inconvenient for you." She threw his arm away as he laughed. Michael was driving Rose insane. She was practically on the brink of collapse. How could he be so annoying? And what was with all the one sided affection? Rose never reciprocated any of it why did he continue to kiss her cheek or grab her hand?

----

"Rose wait up!" Michael called out as he watched her walk away, hair bouncing as she did. With an exaggerated sigh, Rose stopped walking but only long enough for Michael to be behind her several feet, not walking with her. "You're trying really hard to get away from me." Michael said. "But it's not working  because you're shorter than me and I have longer legs."

"What do you want Michael?" Rose demanded, stopping and crossing her arms.

"Nothing really. Want to train?"

"No." Rose continued walking, clenching her fists.

"Well you know, your left hook is kind of weak and Ashton doesn't want.."

"Why do you give a damn about what Ashton wants? What Ashton thinks?" Michael arched an eyebrow at her confused. "Do you remember what we talked about the first time?" Michael tapped his chin, trying to remember.

"I don't know nightclubs I think. We went to a nightclub." Rose rolled her eyes.

"You're a rule breaker Michael. You're not to a leader, you're definitely not a follower but a drifter so why in hell are you sticking around here, sucking up to Ashton? Has he done something for you? Done something to you? Taken something you love?"

"I don't love anything." Rose tried not to look offended or pissed which was hard.

"Then why the fuck are you here?" Michael had a reason but one he didn't really want to share with her. "Whatever. It doesn't matter. I don't care. It's just something I thought of today." Rose muttered, continuing on her way.

"He's my best friend." Michael admitted finally, following her. Rose shook her head.

"You don't seem the loyal type."

"I'm not. Not really.. He's saved my ass more than a few times though." Weird.. I had never heard of Michael and Ashton being friends. Michael was part of Amira's guard though so they had to have had some contact before. Could they have kept that up all these years?

"So what?"

"So I owe him."

"You don't seem like the kind of guy to give a shit about owing someone." There was something Michael wasn't saying. Rose wished he would just come out with it.

"Okay maybe I don't care that I owe him maybe I'm here for a different reason."

"What's that?"

"You." Rose stopped walking. Slowly, she turned, the gravel crunching under her feet. Michael swallowed as he met her dark eyes.

"Me?" Rose repeated.

"You." Silence.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You. I like messing around with you, hanging out with you, being around you." She held her hand to stop him and Michael shut up.

"Okay but that's a stupid ass reason. I don't even really like you." Michael shrugged.

"Doesn't matter to me."

"So what, you're obsessed with me or something?" Michael just shrugged again. Rose scoffed. "Whatever, you're probably just lying to me. She turned around but Michael appeared in front of her.

"I'm not lying." And then Michael kissed her, his hand knotting into her hair.

"Michael!" Rose exclaimed against his lips. Michael pulled away.

"Just kiss me back. Once. If you don't like it then whatever. I'll find some other girl to annoy for eternity." Michael said earnestly. He was secretly hoping he wouldn't like kissing her. She was a spy, he knew that. He was fraternizing with the enemy but he didn't want to stop. Rose already knew she would like the kiss. She just hoped the queen could forgive her for sleeping with the enemy, figuratively of course.

"Fine." And so they kissed and didn't stop.