1.9 Michael: Make It Right

"Come on! I don't know what you want me to say! Sorry?" Rose scoffed shoving Michael away from her.

"I don't want some half assed apology. I want my friend back." Michael snorted at Rose's incredulous idea.

"Well tough luck sweetheart. unless you know of someway to bring demons back to life, she is long gone." Michael knew he shouldn't agitate her but the fact that she was agitated made him agitated. He was only following orders what did she expect him to do?

"You know, you are such a hypocrite Michael." Rose hissed, glaring up at him. Michael frowned, confused. What was she talking about?

"You're supposed to be some poster wild child but all I have seen you do since I have been here is kiss Ashton's ass and follow his god damn orders!" Rose exclaimed.

"I'm doing my god damn job." Michael shouted back.

"Since when have you cared about your job?" Rose demanded, throwing her arms in the air. "Since when have you cared about anything?"

"I care about things." Michael muttered. Rose scoffed.

"Oh yeah? Like what? What do you care about?"

"You!"Michael shouted before he could stop himself. He had always been impulsive when he was a human, somehow he had taken that aspect of his humanity with him. Instead of being embarrassed though, Michael owned it. He crossed his arms staring at her and waiting for a reply.

Rose was astonished. Had Michael just admitted that he cared about her? Her? They barely knew each other. She was a spy. He was the enemy. He was.. Really fucking hot. Rose had to admit she was attracted to Michael's vessel. Rose wasn't that old technically speaking. She had died early in the year 2000 when she was only 19. Rose at the time had been going through the whole punk rock, rock and roll phase and Michael's vessel, while couldn't have been older than 20, embodied the whole emo look. So yes, she was attracted to him. She just didn't know he returned that attraction.

"You what?" Rose wanted him to say it again, just to make sure she had heard him correctly.

"You know what I said." Michael paused. "And I know you care about me too." Rose opened her mouth to reply but closed it quickly. She didn't know what to say. She decided her best bet was to deny it. Rose laughed.

"What? No I don't. You're a pain in my god damn ass."

"I'm a pain in your ass and you love it." Michael said cockily.

"Nobody likes someone who is a pain in their ass."

"Demons do." Rose couldn't argue with him there.

"Whatever. You're just crazy, I'm leaving." Rose muttered turning away. Michael grabbed her arm. Rose pulled back hard enough to bring him towards her. She was scowling at him, her eyebrows arched downward angrily. "Let go of me."

"Make me." Rose got a better grip on his arm, her small hand on his bicep. Michael smirked but he wasn't smiling later when Rose threw him to the ground. "What the fuck Rose." Michael exclaimed getting up and brushing the dirt off his clothes. Rose rolled her eyes.

"You told me to make you let go of me, I was just following through on it." Michael scowled, narrowing his eyes at her a little.

"I meant it in a sexual way. I didn't want you to throw me over your shoulder." Michael muttered.

"Gross Michael." Rose said, shaking her head at him.

"Please, like you haven't thought about having sex with me."

"I haven't. I don't want to." Rose emphasized.

"So, you have and you want to." Rose scoffed as Michael twisted her words and repeated them back to her.

"What mentality are you stuck in. I don't know when you died but men don't treat women like that anymore, twisting their words. At least they shouldn't."

"What are you? Some sort of feminist? You're a demon."

"I'm a demon, I'm a feminist. Deal with it." Michael chuckled. rose sighed, running a hand through her hair. "Whatever though Michael. I'm leaving. You can't stop me."

"To hell I can." Michael said stepping in front of her. He was grateful he was actually taller than her but Rose wasn't intimidated. "You're not going anywhere."

"You can't fuckin keep me here." Rose hissed.

"I have to. If you leave, one of Amira's colleges, your old friends could find out about where you've been and she'll capture you, torture you for information and then kill you."

"Why do you care." Rose huffed.

"I told you the answer to that question already." Rose sighed.

"Do you think I'm an idiot? I'm not going to go around spouting information about where I've been." Rose said impatiently.

"I still can't let you leave. Ashton would come after you and kill you." Rose arched her eyebrows in surprise.

"It's what he's been doing to all the other recruits who have come and decided to leave." that explained why not many people knew much about anything revolving around Ashton's army.

"I can take care of myself." Rose said turning away from him. She was about to Vaporize when his hand came down on her shoulder. He wasn't digging his nails into her skin or trying to pull her back, his hand was just on her shoulder. Rose glanced over it behind her at him.

"Please don't leave." Please? Had Michael just said please? "Being here in this shitty place has been more fun with you around."

"Is that a compliment? Are you complimenting me?" Rose mocked. Michael let go of her and crossed his arms.

"Whatever Rose." He muttered looking away. Rose wanted to leave. She wanted to get out of here so badly but she didn't have enough information, in fact, she hardly knew anything about Ashton and his business and she hadn't gotten anything out of Michael. Rose would have hated to go back to the Amira without any information. With Michael's confession, he might be more willing to spill information.

Sighing, Rose tried to make it look like she was contemplating staying or leaving even though she had already made up her mind. Michael wanted to smirk. He had baited her into staying by saying he cared about her. It wasn't a lie and he had said it because he knew she would think he'd be more willing to give up information about what was going on around here if Michael was into her.

"Fine. I'll stay. Mainly because I didn't hear shit about Ashton's underground army until I was here which means he's efficient at killing people." Rose sighed. "I'll stay but stay away from me." Michael laughed.

"Wouldn't dream of it." With that, Michael kissed her. Rose was so surprised she stood frozen in her spot. Winking, Michael vaporized away.

A/N:
I hit publish for this part a couple days back but it never posted apparently. I'm sorry guys!