0.2 Ashton: Ruler and the Killer

Amira twirled a lock of her blood red hair around her finger as she sat splayed out on her throne, legs up on the armrest. Her black dress had hiked up a bit when she assumed this position but any demon be damned if they looked at her in any distasteful way. With a drawn out groan Amira glared at the prisoner before her. "Can we please get to the point? I don't want some feeble apology or stammered out sentences. I want to get to the punishment. What did he do Mariah?" She demanded of her right hand girl.

"Treason to the crown ma'am. I suggest a drawn out painful damnation." Mariah replied with a smile that could fell trees and still the beating hearts of men. Amira smiled with her.

"Treason. I love when they do that. Let it be done." Amira said with a flick of her wrist. Immediately a dark haired boy materialized in a swirling vortex of black smoke. The demon yelped as the man caught his arms, trapping them behind his back before he had even fully materialized. His eyes flicked up to his Queen, instead of the usual black, common among demons, this mans eye flashed red. Amira smiled at him and dropped her legs down onto the stone steps that led up to her throne.

"Sister." The man said with a nod.

"That's Queen of Hell to you." The man smiled wickedly.

"Sister." He repeated. Amira laughed, a laugh that sent a wave of chills up the demons spines instead of a feeling of joy.

"Get out of here Calum, you know what to do." Amira said with a grin. Calum nodded and disappeared with an evil smirk, taking the treasonous demon with him. Torture was Calum's favorite subject and blood was his favorite thing to spill. Amira sighed and ran a hand through her red hair, trailing her fingers down one of the many tightly woven braids scattered about her locks.

"You seem unhappy your majesty." Mariah said, clutching the clipboard to her chest. "I was sure that a few death sentences would make you feel better." Amira arched a dark eyebrow at her.

"You arranged this for me?" She demanded.

"Of course your majesty." Mariah said with a nod of her head.

"Did that demon even do anything wrong?"

"Would it be wrong if I said no?" Mariah said with a sick grin. Amira laughed and Mariah joined in. "He did but that's beside the point." Amira laughed lightly. Next to her brother Calum, Mariah was the closest thing she had to "family" and "love" down here.

"So it really was treason?" Mariah nodded.

"I don't want to alarm you your majesty, but I've heard rumors, whispers really of a demon trying to rise against you." She said lowly, like someone might be listening. For all she knew, they might be.

"I have heard them myself, nothing to be afraid of." Amira said with a wave of her hand.

"Do you know whose at the head of the operation?" Amira scoffed as she headed back to her thrown, and threw herself down onto the satin pillows, legs back over the armrest.

"I do not care to know for it is not a problem. Nobody would dare take over my kingdom. I am Queen, that is that." Amira snapped at her. Mariah took a deep breathe and swallowed hard.

"I know that My Queen but.."

"But nothing! I will hear no more of this." Mariah's jaw tightened. Nodding, she stepped back. It was out of turn to speak against her, despite being one of her only friends, if you can call it that. As Amira got comfortable on her throne shouts and screams could be heard outside the throne room. "Are John and Lillian fighting again?" Amira demanded.

"No ma'am I don't think..." Mariah never finished what she was going to say because a messy haired, black clothed man stepped through the double doors dragging behind him the limp forms of John and Lilian who were known for their love for each other and their fights. The man dropped them on the floor so Amira could see their slashed throats. A demon knife.

"Should I be impressed?" Amira asked as the man wiped the blood from the knife and his hands onto his black jeans before placing the knife in his back pocket.

"Yes sweetheart. You should be." The man said looking up at her. Amira swung her legs down and hissed. It was Ashton. She should have known better. Standing up, Amira glared at him.

"Why the intrusion Ashton?" She said distastefully.

"Haven't you heard love? Somebody's trying to overthrow you." Ashton said with a wicked grin. Amira scoffed.

"Would you have me believe that is you my dear?" Amira demanded.

"Who else is brave enough to oppose you sweetheart?" Ashton said with a stupid bow. Amira stepped down from the throne and got up in his face.

"Why shouldn't I rip your head off right now?" She hissed.

"Because then it wouldn't be as fun." Ashton whispered back leaning in. Amira hit him in the chest and Ashton laughed, stepping back.

"Why are you wearing a stupid teenage boy?" Amira asked him.

"His sense of style." Ashton replied flicking his eyes down at the outfit then back up at her. The black eyes complimented the swirling red design on the black shirt.

"You hair looks fucking stupid."

"And yours looks lovely my dear." Ashton said coming forward again and taking her hand. Amira would have ripped his arm off for even touching her but Ashton merely kissed her knuckles.

"Get out." Amira said forcefully, pulling her hand back.

"Of course Amira my Queen. But I'll be back. You're in for a fight. One you won't win."

"We shall see Ashton. I remember you being all talk, no game." Ashton chuckled as he snapped his fingers, disappearing in a cloud of smoke before her. "Well? Clean this fuckin mess up!" Amira shouted. Several demons materialized around her and began dragging the bodies out and cleaning the spilled blood. "Mariah!" Amira snapped. Mariah stepped forward. "Why didn't you tell me Ashton, my ex-lover, was trying to take over my kingdom!" Amira roared at her.

"I tried my Queen but you didn't want to hear about it." Mariah replied slowly, carefully.

"Well knowing its Ashton changes things." Amira mutters. "He was always upset that I kept our affair in the dark." Amira muttered. Mariah nodded. She has heard about it so many times, one more time wouldn't hurt though. "I just knew that coming forward meant trouble for him. That's why I let him go! That's why I've been bitter and angry for the past century." Amira grumbled, rubbing her temple.

"Yes ma'am." Mariah said politely, so the Queen knew she was listening.

"But that was over a hundred years ago! Why attack now! Why is he upset enough to start a war!" Amira demanded.

"I couldn't say my Queen." Mariah replied. Amira sighed and shook her head.

"We must prepare Amira. Weed out the weak, find the best soldiers, if it's a war he wants... It's a war he will get."