0.6 Ashton: Hell on Earth

Ashton smirked as he surveyed his army. Michael and Luke had only assembled the best of the best, those who weren't loyal to Amira and who hated the fact that a women was on the throne. Ashton didn't very much care that a women was ruling hell because if anyone knew how to break spirits and crush souls, it was a women. While most people had joined him just for the sole purpose of overthrowing Amira, that's not why Ashton started this crusade.

No, Ashton was doing this for himself.

Demons don't necessarily have hearts but Ashton sure felt like his had been ripped out the day Amira told him to take a metaphorical hike. He knew how much she loved being in charge, having power and a high position, he just thought her love for him exceeded that. Ashton was wrong.

When Ashton first met Amira it was in her throne room. The reason he had been dragged up to see her was because he had killed one of their own. In Ashton's defense, he didn't very much like the guy and he had attacked him first, Ashton just got the best of him and managed to take his demon knife before he lodged it into Ashton's throat.

Killing one of your own wasn't such a big crime, it happens all the time. If you're not quick enough and someone jumps you, you're usually a goner. But this particular demon Ashton had killed had been one of Amira's lackeys. A favorite in the court. How was Ashton supposed to know that? He had only been in hell for a mere year. He didn't even know what the Queen of Hell looked like, much less the people who worked for her.

When the guards dragged him, bloody and bruised into the throne room he was gearing up for a fight. As the guards pounded him into the ground, they explained that what Amira had in store for him would be much worse. Ashton wasn't one to give up easy but he knew when to quit with theses guys. He had to save his energy for the Queen. He didn't know how he was going to defeat her but he knew he had to if he wanted to live.

The guards tossed him down and put their shoes on his back to keep him down. "Is this him?" A voice snapped.

"Yes your majesty." She scoffed.

"He doesn't look like much. Are you trying to tell me this one took out Arthur?" As the guards tried to come up with something to say, Ashton took his chance. The pressure on his back had lessened a bit so using all the force he could muster, Ashton pushed himself up on his hands, toppling the guards. Turning before they could stand, Ashton managed to sink the demon knife he had taken from Arthur into one of the guards chest. The other guard was faster.

He leapt up, growling as his buddy disintegrated. He tackled Ashton and they grappled for the knife when someone shouted, "Stop!" Ashton and the guard were still struggling against each other. "Dylan!" The Queen growled. The guard immediately got off of Ashton but hauled him to his feet. Ashton resisted the urge to stab him as Dylan turned him around and shoved him forward.

Ashton had stumbled but regained his balance as he trailed his eyes up the figure that stood in front of him. The first thing he noticed was the Victorian Ankle boots she wore. They were a deep red color. Ashton wasn't sure he'd seen red shoes on any of the ladies back on the surface world. Her dress was also an abomination and would be frowned upon by most humans.

Back then, all the ladies were wearing long floor length dresses that they had to pick up off the ground. They had sleeves down to their wrists and wore hats larger than their heads but Amira stood before him in what really would have been considered lingerie at the time.

Her dress, a deep black hit the middle of her thighs exposing the fishnet stockings covering her legs. There were no sleeves just thin straps that clung to her shoulders. She wore a dark beaded necklace down the front of her dress which covered her chest. The dress clung to her every curve almost making Ashton weak in the knees. Her dark hair was piled up in a messy style and an intricate clip was placed in it to hold it all up off her neck.

This was the most Ashton had seen of a women ever as they were still covering themselves up but in a few short years, the world would enter the flapper age and the women would be wearing much of what Amira was wearing. Off to the side Ashton spotted a man who wore a deep scowl on his face. He was wearing a typical outfit of someone you might see on the street except his suit was entirely black. Nothing was entirely one color it was seen as tacky but Ashton thought it was a nice look. The mans eyes flashed red.

"What is your name?" Amira demanded.

"Ashton." He replied wiping the blood on his cheek away. She just glared at him for a couple of minutes before snapping her fingers and glancing at a young women. She wore a floor length dress with sleeves. Ashton wondered if Amira just wanted to be different or if she just hated the fashion.

"Leave me. Escort everyone out." She told the girl who nodded and immediately began barking out orders. For such a small girl, she sure knew how to clear a room. The man meanwhile didn't move. "Even you Mariah if you please."

"Yes ma'am." She replied with our hesitation. The throne room doors closed with a bang behind her.

"Calum, you were not excluded in my orders." Amira snapped, turning to the man who was still scowling at Ashton.

"Sister I don't like the look of him." Sister? These two were siblings. "I don't like they way he looked at you." Calum said moving his eyes away from Ashton for a split second to look up at his sister. Amira rolled her eyes.

"Men have tried to do more than look. I can handle this myself." Calum didn't move right away. "Now, Calum." He growled but obeyed. Snapping his fingers, Calum disappeared in a swirling vortex of black smoke, leaving Ashton alone with the Queen.

Amira walked down the steps leading to her throne and eyed Ashton curiously. Ashton wanted for her to strike, speak, do anything but she simply walked around him, looking him over like a piece of meat. "I suppose I should thank you." She said at lest, stopping in front of Ashton.

"Thank me?" Ashton echoed.

"For killing Arthur. He wanted to start an uprising. You snuffed it in the bud. I was going to deal with it myself or allow my brother to handle it but you got their first. The guards didn't know about the supposed uprising. They just knew a member of my court had been killed and you were to blame so I'm not going to apologize for the injuries you received, though, you did get some payback." She grinned mischievously.

"So you're not going to kill me?" Ashton questioned.

"On the contrary, I like you." That was the beginning of the end. And while the love affair had only lasted for a decade, it felt like a lifetime.

When it ended, all Ashton felt was rage and anger. He tried distracting himself with women, fights and alcohol but nothing could curb the intense feeling for revenge he felt. All Amira loved was power and Ashton wanted to take it all away.