0.9 Luke: Feels Like Trouble

Luke watched her walk down the street without a care in the world. It was late, she should have been scared, especially since she knew about all the things that went bump in the night but Hailey held her head high. She wasn't scared, as far as Luke could tell anyways.

Hailey knew he was back there, behind her, even if she couldn't see him. It was that sort of, raised hair on the back of your neck feeling and the way her fingers twitched slightly, itching to grab her carefully placed knife. He was Hiding himself but Hailey had become attuned to demons so they could never sneak up on her and kill her. Why didn't he just come out?

"I know you're there Luke." She said loudly, glancing back behind her even if she didn't know exactly where he was standing. The guy in the alley was staring at her like he was insane and Luke could have sworn she was staring right at him, like she could see right through his pitiful disguise. Luke made himself visible.

Hailey smirked and shook her head before continuing to walk down the street. "Where are you headed?" Luke asked, following her, his hands in his jacket.

"Why does it matter to you?" Luke shrugged like he didn't care, even though she couldn't see the shrug.

"I would just like to know where my stalker lives."

"I'm not even following you right now, you're following me." Hailey snapped. Luke said nothing because it was true, he was following her now and not the other way around. Luke still couldn't figure out why she was following him though other than the fact that she might want him dead but why not kill him already. She knew his routine, which Luke didn't even know about, she had the knife, she clearly had the time. Why didn't she just go for it already? What was she waiting for?

"Well you're the one letting me."

"I don't think I have much choice in the matter." Hailey replied nonchalantly. She didn't, it was true. Luke watched her turn abruptly, heading towards a park. Luke frowned, confused and continued to follow her at a safe distance. "Can you leave me alone?" Hailey asked him, turning to face him at the crosswalk. He was still standing a good five feet back but he was easy to see in the moonlight with his blond hair and pale skin.

"Where are you going?" Luke asked, not answering her question.

"Home." Hailey muttered. Luke followed her across the crosswalk, looking both ways even though he didn't have to. It was late night and he couldn't get hurt anyways. Hailey reached into her pocket and Luke paused but she merely pulled out a set of car keys. Luke watched as she unlocked a car and tossed her backpack into it.

"Is this where you live?" Luke questioned.

"In my car? Yes." Luke frowned the car looked like it was about ready to fall apart the paint was faded an the seats were worn thin. "If you're going to make fun of me or some shit, just say it already." She grumbled.

"I'm not I'm just.. Surprised. Where's your family. Don't they live around here? Or did they kick you out for being a troubled teen." Hailey glared at Luke in a way that made his stomach churn. He wasn't about to admit that he was scared of her but she did make him a bit queasy.

"No." Was her reply to those questions. She turned away from Luke who Vaporized towards her, partly to be dramatic and partly because it always looked cool.

"Can't you afford to stay at some shitty motel?" Hailey didn't jump, even though he materialized right next to her.

"No I can barely afford gas." Hailey grumbled, rummaging through her bag. Luke couldn't help but stare at her ass or that small sliver of skin on her back as her shirt rode up. Hailey straightened, pulling a blanket out from underneath the seat and tossing it into the back of her car.