2.9 Luke: Beginning of the End

Luke sat watching Hailey, unbeknownst to her, or maybe she did know and just refused to acknowledge him. Luke hadn't seen Hailey in nearly a week and today, he couldn't handle it. He had to see her. He had to know what she was doing. In all honesty, Luke could have guessed what she was doing and gotten it right. Hailey was a hunter, there wasn't much that she did do besides kill monsters, sleep and eat.

Currently, Hailey was going through the library's computer and looking up unusual killings or murders, seeing if she could link them back to the supernatural. She almost looked bored scrolling through stories about death and destruction but that was Hailey, hardly batting an eye. She didn't even seem bothered when a library assistant came by and asked why she was looking up all these gruesome stories.

"I'm a criminal justice student. I'm doing a study on murders and the rate of killings in certain areas." The library assistant became relieved and asked if she would like a book on serial killers. Hailey agreed that it could be helpful and as the library assistant walked away, Hailey packed up her stuff, preparing to leave. It was never a good thing when people started to ask questions

Luke followed her back to her car and got in with her in the passenger seat. Hailey sighed as she looked herself over in the rear view mirror before glaring at Luke. "Don't be a hitch hiker. I know you're there." Luke appeared to her, smiling.

"You always know when I am babe."

"Don't. Call. Me. That. I thought you were gone."

"You can't get rid of me Hailey." Unsheathing her demon knife, Hailey prepared to plunge it into Luke's chest but he Vaporized into the backseat and she glared at him in the rear view mirror.

"Get out of my car!" Hailey shouted at him. "Better yet, come back here so I can kill you!"

"Ah you wouldn't do that, you like me too much."

"I hate you Luke!" Hailey shouted at him. "I hate you with every fiber of my being!" That shouldn't have upset Luke, he was used to hearing people call him nothing, a piece of shit, a waste of space. But somehow, hearing Hailey say she hated him made him upset, though he tried not to show it.

"Sure you do. Why don't you come back here, I'm sure if I fucked you in the back seat of your car you would feel differently." Luke smirked. Hailey screamed. She had never met a demon more annoying than him.

"You are the most annoying demon or person I've ever met!" Hailey shouted, getting out of her car so she could climb into the backseat and rip Luke to shreds.

"You don't mean that!" Luke shouted as she wrenched open the back door. "Come on! I already almost died today I don't want to have to go through it again." He grumbled, recalling his fight with Calum.

"I don't care!" Hailey brandished she knife and would have sunk it into Luke's chest had he not disappeared again, this time reappearing behind her. Hailey whipped around seamlessly and missed his heart by an inch, burying the blade in the center of his  chest. Hailey cursed as Luke cried out in pain, grabbing at his chest. Hailey pulled the blade out, twisting it as she did. Luke barely had enough time to Vaporize away before she stabbed him again.

Watching from a distance, still clutching the gaping wound in his chest, Luke saw Hailey curse up a storm before getting in her car and driving off. Luke couldn't understand it. Why did she hate him so much? Yeah he was a demon but he hadn't done anything hateful to her specifically. Did she want to kill him just because he was a demon or was it something more?