0.5 Luke: Predictable

He was stupid. So fucking stupid. He goes to the same ten palaces in this town. The same ten places. Where's the variety? The adventure. Why wasn't he spontaneous? How has nobody noticed that this punk ass looking teenager hasn't aged a day in the past nine years? How come he never leaves? Does he like it here? Did he grow up here? Why was he so predictable?

Hailey turned to look at him over her shoulder. He was ruffling through some pairs of jeans. He didn't look satisfied with the selection. Hailey doubted he would recognize her, despite how she attacked him outside that bar just a week ago. She was insignificant. He'd probably think she was just one of the many hunters trying to kill him. Which was true, but Hailey had an actual motive for killing this particular demon, besides the fact that he's a demon and deals with people's souls. To him though, she was just another face in the crowd.

Ever since Hailey learned about demons, Angels and everything supernatural, she's been fascinated by the whole, vessel, possession thing. Nobody was sure how it worked exactly and the lore on it wasn't much help. She had a lot of questions about possession like; is the person you're inhabiting still in there or do you essentially kick them out and send them someplace else.

Or like, the whole human injuries things. Demons in a vessel, can damage their vessel but put it back together like its nothing. So do they feel the pain? If they break their arm do they feel anything at all or is it just a little sting? Some demons she's killed made fun of her for stabbing them with regular knives or brandishing things like steel pipes. So is it all talk? Or does it not actually hurt.

Hailey hasn't actually asked a demon any of these questions because well.. Most of them, well all of them, aren't in the talking mood. When you meet one, it's either kill or be killed.

She continued fumbling with the clothes rack in front of her. She didn't even know why he comes in here. She guessed the clothes were cheap and this was where he picked up a lot of those old band shirts he's always wearing, but here's the thing; does he feel like he needs a wardrobe? Do all demons change clothes? Do they wash them? Do they know how to wash clothes still? Are their laundry mats in hell?

Hailey snorted at the thought. Then there's also the whole, money issue. Do they carry around money?

"Why are you following me?" She didn't jump. Hailey was more pissed off about the fact that she had been found out.

"Following you?" Hailey asked lamely turning to look at him. The blonde haired, blue eyed, demon rolled his eyes. She couldn't help but think that if he was a regular teenage guy, she might actually have a crush on him or think he was hot but there was a demon inside of him so she found him repulsing.

"Yes, following me. You've been following me for a week Hailey." He said angrily, crossing his arms like he was scolding her.

"So you have noticed." Hailey replied sarcastically, turning back to the rack and picking out a shirt she actually liked. "I thought you were dense." She muttered, heading for the register. She could feel him following her. It made her hair stand on end. "You're the one following me now." She stated.

"Only because you haven't answered my question." He replied before bending down and whispering right in her ear. "Why in hell are you following me. If you want to attack, attack me. Don't just follow me around though." He snapped at her. Luke straightened back up and watched as Hailey turned her head slightly, dark hair falling over her shoulder, to glare at him.

"Maybe this is part of my plan. Follow stupid demon around. Demon comes up to you. Stab demon." Luke smirked.

"Pretty stupid plan. Especially now that you've told it to me. So if it was a plan. I now know what it is." She scoffed and turned back around.

"You're an idiot and you're predictable."

"Predictable?" Luke questioned, arching his eyebrows. He watched her roll her eyes again and Luke was itching to say if she kept doing that, her eyes would be permanently stuck to the back of her head but then he started picturing her with milk white eyes and all he could think about was how hot that was. He kind of wished she was a demon so he could see what she looked like with black eyes.

"Yes. You frequent the same ten places. This city isn't even small. You could literally go anywhere and never be in the same place twice but you always go to the same ten places. All at the same times too." Luke frowned. She'd memorized his schedule? He didn't even think he really had a schedule.

"Are you obsessed with me or something?"

"Shut the fuck up demon." She hissed at him.

"God, just say my name." Hailey narrowed her eyes.

"You have a name?" She replied, arching an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I was once a human. My names Luke." She didn't seem impressed. Luke watched as she paid for the shirt, handing the cashier a wad of cash. She smiled up at us.

"Oh you two make an adorable couple."

"We're not.." Hailey began before shaking her head and glaring at me. "Never mind." She took the shirt and marched out of the store, leaving the lady behind the counter an apologizing, stuttering mess.

"Don't like the idea of us being together?" Luke asked. She scoffed.

"No I don't like the idea of demons in general. Can you leave me alone now. You caught me. I've been following you. Now just disappear. Do your little Vaporizing thing." She said wiggling her fingers.

"How did you know it's called Vaporizing?"

"Because I'm not an idiot."

"How old are you?" Hailey was surprised by the question and actually stopped walking. Luke bumped into her arm.

"Why?" Luke shrugged, his leather jacket drinking.

"Nineteen."

"You're just a kid."

"Well you look like a kid."

"Yeah but I'm technically 102." She started laughing. "What?"

"You're only 102?"

"Hey! That's older than you!" I cried out. She shook her head and continued walking. "So why are you fighting demons so young? Or I guess, the supernatural. What made you go into this?" She paused on the street again. Luke could tell something had changed. She became rigid and turned slowly to face him.

"Assholes like you made me give up my life." She snarled, pulling out her demon knife. But before she could stab Luke in the chest, he Vaporized onto the nearest building. She growled and glared up at him. "Don't follow me!" Hailey shouted, putting the knife away. She was shaking from head to toe. She should have killed him earlier, she should have killed him while she had the chance. Who knows how many she would get.