2.0 Calum: Jet Black Heart

She made Calum go to the funeral, but that wasn't the worst part. In terms of funerals, it was a pretty well thought out one. The problem was the people. He wanted to kill them. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. Except Ava of course. He could never kill her. A pure soul like hers, it was something to be treasured. She was like a holy grail to Calum. Maybe even the last light of his life at the moment.

Calum had to kill a man for a suit. Meaning he actually killed someone for the clothes he was wearing currently. He didn't want to pay for it and the guy didn't take his word about coming back with the clothing in one piece. So Calum ripped his heart out and left it still beating on the desk. He was careful to not get blood on his new clothes.

Ava sniffled next to Calum and he glanced down at her almost skeptically. He expected tears but not this many. He had come prepared anyways. Pulling a tissue out of his pocket, Calum handed it to her. Ava stopped sniffling when she saw Calum's hand. He was holding a tissue out to her. Sniffling again Ava looked up at him. He wasn't smiling he wasn't frowning either, he looked devoid of emotion as usual.

Smiling, Ava took the tissue before leaning up and kissing Calum's cheek. Calum felt hot. Was his vessel blushing? He had forgotten what it felt like to blush. Ava balled the tissue up in her hands and dabbed at her cheeks a little. Shifting her weight, Ava wrapped her arms around Calum's right arm and leaned against him. Calum couldn't believe his luck. And to think, this had all started because he killed off some old batshit crazy women.

The body was found easily enough and there was no security cameras in the alley so nobody identified him as the killer. Everyone seemed to be in distress though, there was an air or sadness surrounding the entire city. Calum couldn't believe this, Dory had touched so many lives. She was nothing, nobody and yet the were hundreds of people at  her funeral.

----

At first, Calum didn't understand why the diner was closed. What would make them close it? He tried the handle again. Still locked. There didn't even appear to be anyone inside. "Haven't you heard?" Someone said walking past Calum. He turned and arched an eyebrow at the women. "Old Dory's been murdered." She clucked her tongue. "Poor bird. Such a wonderful lady. Had a great spirit. I can't believe someone would do this to her."

"When was she killed?" Calum asked trying to sound concerned or worried.

"Sometimes last night." The lady replied with a nod of her head. "Nobody saw a thing and this building is old, no security cameras." She sighed. "It was brutal though, the way she was left like that. You can still see the blood over there." She hissed, pointing in the direction of the alley by the restaurant. Calum wanted to smirk looking into her soul, this women had an obsession with death. She had killed someone in her lifetime.

"Thank you for informing me." Calum said, the lady turned her nose up at him as he said this but Calum barely noticed. He was just wondering how he could see Ava now that he had killed her boss, he hadn't even thought about the consequences that might follow him killing her. He just wanted her gone.

Calum ended up trailing her while she couldn't see him. It was just to be near her, around her. All he did was watch her walk home, move around the house. He wasn't creepy and didn't follow her to the bathroom or watch her in her sleep, he was just curious. Everything about Ava seemed to fascinate him.

He finally decided to face her in the super market. So while she was trying to choose between one bag of bananas or the other, Calum appeared. "Choose that one." He said pointing at the ones that were more green. "They'll last longer than this." He said pointing to the ripe bananas. They already seemed to be getting brown. Ava smiled.