3.1: Michael: High Treason

Michael opened his eyes to find a demon knife pressed against his throat and a very angry looking Rose above him. He hadn't seen Rose since she stormed out of that hotel room. He would have asked what she was doing here now if it weren't for the knife. "Get up." She commanded. Michael grinned as he slowly sat up on the sofa.

"Well hello to you too. Are we going to do some kinky shit right now?" She dug the edge of the blade into his throat, drawing blood and burning part of his soul.

"Shut up." Michael, surprisingly shut up as he stood. He was nearly a foot taller than Rose so she had to switch from holding the knife against his throat, to digging the point of it into his back, grabbing his left arm and wrenching it behind him forcefully, threatening to break it.

"What are you doing back here?" Michael asked. "Ashton will kill you if he finds you here." He explained, suddenly fearing for her life. Rose hesitated. She had orders from Amira to kill Michael, and she really should have done it while he laid on the couch, listening to music but somehow, but she couldn't bring herself to kill him while he was least expecting it.

"Why would he kill me?" Rose asked. "For deserting?" Michael chuckled, glancing back at her over his shoulder.

"No love, for being a fucking spy." Rose tried not to look shocked as she glared up at him. "You're not very subtle you know and Ashton had an inside man. He told him who Amira was sending. I was instructed to get closer to you."

"Liar." Rose hissed, the point of her demon blade pushing into Michaels skin.

"It's the truth!" Michael cried out in pain. "What are you even doing back here! You're not supposed to be here? What do you have some grudge against me?" Michael asked. Rose licked her lips.

"I'm taking you in for treason." Rose hissed in Michael 's ear, making him laugh. "You, Luke and whoever else I get my hands on I have to kill before taking in Ashton himself."

"Did you think Ashton would let you get away with this?" Michael asked her. "Because he won't."

"Ashton doesn't know a damn thing." Rose replied icily. "How would he know I was here?"

"I beg to differ. I think I know a lot more than you think." Rose froze, her shoulders tensing. Had Amira sent her into a trap? Was she trying to get rid of Rose? She knew the Queen could be cruel, she had ordered Rose to kill Michael, someone she sort of, kind of liked but she was never actually going to admit that she did. And now it seemed, Ashton had been waiting for her arrival.

"Don't come any closer or I'll kill him." Rose threatened. Ashton smirked, leaning against the doorframe of the room. Luke stood just behind him. He was the one with the human girlfriend or whatever. Rose wondered how that was going for him.

"So kill him. See if I care."

"Ashton!" Michael shouted, scowling over at him.

"She's not going to do it. Watch." Ashton taunted. "If you fucked her as well as you say you did then she's not going kill you." Rose felt like killing Michael just for talking about what they had done together but in a certain sense, Ashton was right. She didn't want to kill Michael. She would much rather kill Ashton instead.

Vaporizing up behind him, Rose was ready to shove the demon blade into his back, right behind his heart but Ashton turned just as quickly and grabbed her by the neck. "Ashton stop!" Michael shouted as he began to rip Rose's soul from her vessel.

"She tried to kill me."

"Well she's not going to do it again. Right Rose?" Michael demanded, pulling her out of Ashton's grip.

"Amira sent me." Rose spat out as Michael held her back. "She doesn't trust you!"

"Of course she doesn't." Ashton replied, unfazed by what Rose had said. "So did she send you to kill me?"

"No. I just wanted to do that." Ashton half glared at her. "She sent me to kill them." Rose pointed at Luke and Michael. "And to find out if your intentions were true she said I would figure out a way to know if you were lying or not." Rose wrenched her arm out of Michael's grip and straightened out her clothes. "So either prove to me that you're not undermining our Queen or she's never going to trust you."

"Already taken care of." Ashton said with a smirk. "So if you'll come with me." Ashton nodded back out to the room. Luke was grinning next to him and it was only then that she realized, their hands were coated in blood.

"Finished already?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, no thanks to you." Luke said, hitting his friend. Michael shrugged.

"You're the one who likes dirty work."

"What the hell are you three talking about?" Rose demanded as they walked down the hall. The room Michael had been lying in was some kind of warehouse office. Rose assumed this was their actual headquarters and that the demon army was somewhere training in one of the larger rooms. That seemed to be where they were headed now. But Rose couldn't understand the context of their conversation. What dirty work? Why were their hands covered in blood?

"You'll see. I'm sure Amira will love this." Rose frowned at Ashton as he pushed open a large door at the end for the hall. Rose could smell it before she even stepped into the room. The coppery scent of blood. Inside the large warehouse were hundreds of dead bodies. Kids, tends, adults, the elderly. As Rose stared out across the carnage, it clicked.

"This is your army."

"Every last one of them."

"You killed all of them. What did they just stand around and wait for you to do it?" Rose demanded. She doubted that they would. Ashton and lurk shook their heads.

"We called them here, several at a time. Then we made them fight for their lives. Nobody survived."

"Am I supposed to be impressed?" Rose asked. "This is hardly enough to convince the Queen."

"At least it's proof of my loyalty. What have you done expect bed the enemy?" Rose wanted to snap his neck and pull it right off his body but Michael grabbed her shoulder before she could do anything.

"Stop touching me!" She shouted at him, punching Michael in the chest. This didn't faze him though as he just stared at her. "I don't trust this Ashton. You could be lying. These could just be dead bodies. Why didn't you kill Michael and Luke? Those are two of the people she asked me to kill." Rose demanded.

"Come on baby. You don't really want to see me dead." Rose simply glared at Michael, not answering his question.

"I call bullshit Ashton. There's no way you would start this entire feud just to get back with Amira. That's insanity! Why not just go to her in the first place."

"I had to get her attention first."

"Well why not stop sooner?" Ashton smirked.

"It was fun watching her fume, getting her riled up." Rose rolled her eyes, trying not hurl at what Ashton was saying.

"So now what? What do I tell her. I doubt she's got in to believe any of this."

"You haven't known Amira for as long as I have. She wants to trust me, believe me more than anything. She'll come around." Rose scowled. She didn't know how she knew, but Ashton was right. "So you'll tell her what you've seen?" Ashton asked.

"I tell her." Rose muttered. "What are we gonna do about them? Amira wants their heads." Luke and Michael both looked towards Ashton, half staring him down.

"If you can kill Michael. I'll kill Luke."

"What the fuck man!" Luke shouted at Ashton. Rose turned to look at Michael. He wanted to tease her, call her cute for scowling so harshly but he knew if he aggravated her in any way, she just might stab him in the heart. With a scoff, Rose Vaporized away. Luke and Michael sighed.

"She wouldn't have done it." Ashton said simply. "Now help us clean up Michael. You're not getting out of this one." Michael groaned as they began to head towards the towering piles of bodies.