2.5 Luke: Just Another Job

"Hey babe." Luke's arms wrapped around Hailey's waist and she had to resist the urge to lean into his chest. Instead she grabbed his arm and tried to flip him over her back. Luke's presence disappeared from behind her and instead he materialized in front of her, leaning against the glass case of the frozen section in the store. Hailey frowned at him.

"What do you want Luke?" Hailey grumbled opening the fridge roughly and grabbing the pint of ice cream she wanted.

"Cookie dough was always my favorite. You plan on sharing?" Luke asked gesturing to it. Hailey just glared at him. "I'll take that silence as a no. Never get between a girl and her ice cream."

"I'll ask again Luke, what do you want?" Hailey demanded brushing past him to exit the aisle.

"Just here to visit my main squeeze."

"I'm not your main squeeze you idiot and why did you even call me that. Nobody says that anymore." Hailey said shaking her head at Luke.

"Well I didn't want to call you my bae. Sounds stupid. You teenagers these days." Luke said shaking his head with a wide smile on his face. He liked teasing her, making her angry. It was one of his favorite pastimes.

"You're a teenager." She pointed out poking his chest aggressively.

"So much anger. I've barely done anything yet and I may look like a teenager but I'm nearly a hundred years old." Hailey scoffed. "What? It's true! You did the math yourself."

"You're nearly a hundred years old but you're no wiser than me." Hailey shook her head, moving down to the fruits and vegetables. "You act like a teenager." She muttered.

"Maybe but there's no arguing that I'm not older than you." Hailey didn't reply as she sorted through the apples, trying to find the best ones to buy. "Are you just going to ignore me now?" Hailey still didn't respond. She just wanted him to go away. She wanted to forget what they did though there was no going back. She just wanted to at least say she didn't want it to happen again but then she would be lying to herself. "It's no fun annoying you if you don't respond." Luke grumbled.

"Go to hell." Hailey muttered walking away. Luke got up from leaning against the fruit stand and followed her.

"Been there, done that, got a shirt out of it." Hailey rolled her eyes unamused. "What's got your panties in a twist." Luke whispered in her ear. Hailey shoved him away from her. "Well shit you really are pissed. I thought you'd be a little less uptight after we had sex."

"Are you saying you fucked me so I would be less uptight?" Hailey hissed, glaring at him.

"No I'm just saying that I thought.." Hailey started walking away. "Hey!" Luke jogged after her. She couldn't go far since she had to checkout. Hailey glowered as she stood in line, Luke next to her. They didn't speak as they stood in line and even the cashier didn't try to make small talk with them, she could sense the tension. As soon as they were outside the store and heading towards Hailey's car, she pulled out her knife. "Hey now, public area."

"I want you to leave me the fuck alone!" Hailey shouted at Luke.

"Why? I thought you liked me." Luke teased grabbing her side. Hailey hit his hand away with her grocery bags.

"Don't touch me. I don't like you."

"You seemed to like me a lot when.."